Chapter 66 The Difference Between Men and Women

"Don't cry," Flicker Shadow struggled to move, Raina's tears were more unbearable to him than rain and mud, more precious than life, and more helpless than death.

"Why? You promised to return to the hot spring cabin together," Raina asked softly, "If I'm alone, I won't be able to go back either."

"No..." Flicker Shadow sighed and closed his eyes, "Raina, don't..."

"Flicker Shadow, don't die," Raina held his face gently, pressing her face against his, "If you die, everything will be gone."

Yes, if he died, everything would be gone. Flicker Shadow didn't want to die, wasn't ready to die.

And how could he die here, when he had promised Raina to return to the hot spring cabin for the winter. At the very least, he couldn't leave her alone in this vast forest.

"Alright, I'll try not to die," Flicker Shadow said word by word.

Raina looked up in surprise and saw a change in Flicker Shadow's face, even a faint smile; and in his eyes, the circle of gray that had been there was slowly giving way to green, showing vitality.

Green, could it be a sign of life? Ever since that green light appeared in his eyes, it began to gather more and more, and Flicker Shadow's spirit visibly improved.

"Flicker Shadow, how do you absorb the wood element?" Since Flicker Shadow was conscious now, Raina asked, hoping to help him absorb it faster.

Flicker Shadow, who had always controlled elemental magnetic power instinctively and through experience without differentiating between elements like in the Elemental Magnetic Mainland, seemed confused by her question.

Raina described in more detail: "Like a kind of energy with vitality, without it, the body will weaken, just like you were before. But now you've obviously absorbed more vitality, you can feel your body regaining some strength, right?"

Flicker Shadow understood. It was like the power that burst forth from deep within his body every time he faced a desperate situation, refusing to be defeated. Every time he stood up again, this power grew stronger. Was this vitality?

"I often face various crises in the jungle, and it seems that each crisis gives me this kind of power."

That vitality indeed saved him from near-death situations several times, but why didn't it work this time? He had almost lost the will to live.

Right, desire. Although he lacked the desire to live, he had other desires – a strong physical longing. Could it be that this desire suppressed his will to live and also suppressed his ability to gain vitality?

"It might be that the colorful spider absorbed too much of your elemental magnetic power, and its toxin blocked your natural absorption of elemental magnetic power, so your body had difficulty recovering," Raina pondered Flicker Shadow's words, "To recover elemental magnetic power, you first need to gain vitality, and the wood element provides the energy of vitality. Now, it's obvious that you're starting to gather the wood element."

Since Flicker Shadow often survived crises, his elemental magnetic power contained a large amount of the wood element; and the red fire element, perhaps gained from constant attacks, might be why his attack power was so strong: bolstered by the fire element.

But Raina was more worried about something else: "Do you think that toxin is still in your body? It wouldn't just disappear mysteriously."

Flicker Shadow could still intensely feel the desire continuing, but now it no longer overpowered his will to live. "It's okay for now, I can hold on."