Chapter 127 The Eight Treasures Talisman

"Azure and White Dew?" Raina Grace sniffed the wine brought by Flame Wave.

"It's a very precious wine. Want to try?" Flame Wave didn't mention it was from Aurum Aspire, thinking the wine rare and wanting Raina Grace to have a taste.

"Precious? Is it rare?" Raina Grace caught the scent of the forest, which she didn't dislike.

"It's sought after because it's rare, and the taste isn't bad. Some people really like it." Flame Wave didn't find the wine exceptionally extraordinary.

Raina Grace sipped a little, "It has the aroma of fresh grass."

"Do you like it?" If Raina Grace liked it, Flame Wave would find a way to get more.

"It's okay. But I prefer the scent of flowers and fruits," Raina Grace honestly said.

Flame Wave laughed heartily, playfully tapped Raina Grace's delicate nose, and pulled her towards a table he had meticulously prepared with various fruits: "Star Dew Plum, Frost Moon Lotus, Fairy Berry, Oceanic Jade Fruit, Dewdrop Cherry, Brilliant Treasure Orange, Emerald Grape, Crystal Mint. Are these fruits I've prepared for you enough?"

The table full of exotic fruits stunned Raina Grace, "How come there are so many? Where did they come from?"

"Of course, I got them specially for you," Flame Wave boasted, "I wanted you to experience them all so no other man could ever tempt you away with fruits."

Raina Grace, both delighted and regretful, sniffed the fruits, "So many, how can I finish them? And when have I been tempted away by fruits? Someone at the Illusory Splendor invited me to his house for fruits, but I didn't go."

So others had sent fruits to her door. But since Raina Grace hadn't thought much of it, Flame Wave didn't dwell on it.

"Don't worry, I have a way to keep them fresh." He was prepared, presenting two green, leaf-shaped items, "These are Eight Treasures Talismans, capable of keeping these fruits as fresh as when they were picked for eight days."

"Is this a talisman?" Raina Grace, having heard of the talismans made by sorcerers, had never touched one before.

"I just made them." If those in the Silver Department knew a sorcerer made a talisman just for keeping fruits fresh, they would cry waste: not just a waste of the sorcerer's talent but also the materials used for talismans.

"What are these made from? They feel warm and alive," Raina Grace marveled, finding the talisman light as air in her palm yet with a strong presence, almost as if it was calling out to her.

"Alive?" Flame Wave hadn't expected such a description, "How can you feel that? Though this was once alive, it has been dead for thousands of years. As for how it came to be, it's now a mystery. So, the materials stored by the Silver Department for making talismans, being used up bit by bit, are no longer taken lightly. The department's main work is focused on developing new products."

"Oh, except for the 'Rebirth Talisman.'" Although a ban was previously placed by the head, it was later lifted. Aurum Aspire said it was Jadelle's will, and though he saw no use for it, he didn't want to go against her wishes.

Flame Wave didn't know what Aurum Aspire truly thought. Was banning the Rebirth Talisman to not violate Jade Thistle's last wish, and lifting the ban not to go against Jadelle's will? Jadelle, though having lived in his residence for years, was someone Flame Wave had barely seen, even less so after she moved out.

Thinking Aurum Aspire truly considered her as Jade Thistle's reincarnation, Flame Wave remained skeptical.

He looked up at Raina Grace, lost in thought, realizing she might have the strongest connection to Jade Thistle's belongings. But Raina Grace couldn't possibly be Jade Thistle's reincarnation; the differences were too vast, yet there were undeniable links. What could they be?

Lost in thought and unable to unravel the mystery, Flame Wave found himself consumed by the puzzle, draining all his energy and patience. "Let's go to the Azure and White Forest," he decided, wanting to escape these troubling thoughts and take Raina Grace out, "I haven't taken you out since we arrived in the Celestial Domain, and I'm sorry for that."

"Hm? No need, I'm fine not going out." Raina Grace was naturally content with quiet.

"But staying in all the time, I can't help but..." Flame Wave paused mid-sentence and suddenly pulled Raina Grace into his embrace.

Startled, Raina Grace jumped up, "Then let's go, I want to see the Azure Phoenix."

Laughing, Flame Wave assured, "Don't worry, I'll definitely take you to the Azure and White Forest today."

As they arrived at the forest in the evening, even though it was just behind the Silver Wolf residence, it was vast, almost encompassing the entire northern area of the Celestial Domain, marking the boundary of human activities. Like the Verdant Thistle Forest and Pine Mist Mountain, it was a place where humans ceased to venture. Flame Wave specifically instructed Raina Grace not to go alone, at least not on her first visit.

"Unlike the Verdant Thistle Forest and Pine Mist Mountain, the Azure and White Forest doesn't have such a complex elemental magnetic environment. The danger here is mainly natural, so many people still like to come here for adventures or hunting," Flame Wave explained.

"Hunting? Won't the Azure Phoenix and the White Falcon be in danger?" Raina Grace worried.

"They are at the top of the food chain here. Ordinary people can't easily reach their habitat, let alone harm them. If you were alone, you'd also lose your way."

"It really feels like a maze, but like a man-made one."

The forest had an ethereal beauty, with misty azure and white fog lingering year-round. Each leaf and flower blended into the fog like delicate ink paintings, turning the entire forest into a dreamlike scene. As they ventured deeper, Raina Grace noticed endless variations, with every step revealing new scenery.

"Yes, like the Gold and Silver Sea, the origin of the Azure and White Forest is a mystery. It's indeed man-made..."

Lost in thought, Flame Wave faintly remembered the Celestial Domain was the result of human technological transformation, similar to the Elixir of Rebirth, exhausting much of the spaceship's energy.

"Why did they create a place like the Celestial Domain? What was the purpose of the Gold and Silver Sea and the Azure and White Forest?" Flame Wave suddenly felt a headache...

"What's wrong?" Raina Grace noticed Flame Wave's sudden discomfort and supported him.

"Just a sudden headache," Flame Wave took a deep breath and gently pinched Raina Grace's face, "It's nothing now."

They had come out to avoid troublesome thoughts, so Flame Wave decided to put all worries and mysteries aside and enjoy the moment with Raina Grace.

Even if the Azure and White Forest was man-made, everything felt more delicate and radiant with the right person. The mist enveloped them like a dream, with the setting sun casting dappled light through the trees, shimmering like stars. Looking up, a silver butterfly danced by, like a twinkling star.