Chapter 110 Life's Puzzle

"Innovative Masterpieces Assembly?"

"Yes, it's a gathering for innovative craftsmanship, held every five years in the Sky Domain. It's considered a grand event throughout the domain."

"Just considered? You don't seem very enthusiastic for someone from the Flamer family."

"That's because our creations are never appreciated by the masses. Accused of having no taste or culture, making it seem like everyone else, like the Bamboo or Autumn families and the academies, are the ones with leisure and taste."

"Oh, so why do you still plan to create a piece for the exhibition?"

The reason was that Flamer Horizon was tasked to produce a piece for the Innovative Masterpieces Assembly. Considering Raina Grace already had the materials and had lost her fervor for refining minerals to create objects, he thought it best to use them to fulfill the requirement. "It's my turn to contribute this year. Although we usually just put something together to get by, we still need to maintain the stature of the Flamer family by participating."

"Oh, the minerals are over there. Feel free to use them since you were the one who refined them anyway," Raina Grace said indifferently.

"Aren't you going to contribute on behalf of the Wood Alliance?"

Raina Grace's rapid change from a passionate visionary to someone lacking interest in crafts had been stark. "Is the Wood Alliance participating? But I've long ceased to be part of the Wood Alliance, haven't I?" she replied with little interest.

"You're no longer considered part of the Wood Alliance?" Flamer Horizon asked, "I remember you once said you were a weaver for the Alliance."

Indeed, Raina Grace recalled her initial awakening—a sense of satisfaction and belonging when her abilities were recognized. Why had that feeling faded so quickly?

Perhaps it was discovering her ability to easily surpass realms others couldn't, not through hard work or diligence, but a mysterious power, that left her feeling uncontrollable and powerless.

Lately, these feelings of powerlessness troubled her, bringing to the forefront questions she had long ignored. Maybe it was time to clarify with Luminous Harmony what he meant by "kindred spirits."

Regarding her origins, Raina Grace wasn't without guesses. Numerous clues had hinted that she wasn't merely human, but different. Yet, she felt, what did it matter if she wasn't ordinary? Her life hadn't been affected. But what if it started to?

The request from the Terra Grove clan, hints from Luminous Harmony, and even Flamer Horizon—could he think she was hiding something?

Upon meeting Luminous Harmony again, his demeanor remained warm, but he treated Raina Grace with a respect that lacked the instructive tone of before, now veering towards humility. "A piece for the Innovative Masterpieces Assembly? The overseer has plans already. Did you come specifically to ask about this?"

Raina Grace noticed these shifts. When had they started? Was it upon confirming her identity, or because she was from the Celestial Balance Fortress?

Who did Luminous Harmony think she was? Why help her? She was puzzled, yet couldn't directly inquire without possibly making things worse, revealing her lack of understanding. And now, facing the prospect, Raina Grace hesitated, uncertain if she wanted to delve deeper, wondering if Luminous Harmony would become an enemy or remain a friend.

"Oh, I was just curious about what kind of piece the Wood Alliance would prepare for such a grand event," she deflected, buying time.

"The Wood Alliance has always been at the bottom, so we don't place much emphasis on this. Being part of such an event is satisfaction enough," Luminous Harmony left unsaid that there was a proposal to have Raina Grace create a new piece, potentially winning at the assembly or at least escaping the fate of being at the bottom. However, he forbade it, wishing to keep Raina Grace from too much exposure.