Chapter 120 The Gate to the Celestial Domain

"Are you saying Luminous Harmony is still very weak?"

"He sustained severe injuries in his early years, with damage to his body almost beyond repair, teetering on the edge of death. Later, by chance, Silver Tan acquired a ring capable of sealing the gaps in his body, allowing him to slowly recuperate and save his life. His recent outburst was due to excessive emotional fluctuations. I was genuinely worried that seeing you, Miss Raina Grace, would excite him too much, as he can no longer withstand another outbreak."

The one who came specifically to explain the situation and provide clarification was Bamboo Jane. Her concern for Luminous Harmony 's health was genuine, but she also harbored a personal desire for him to avoid further involvement in these affairs, wishing for him to live out the rest of his days peacefully and quietly with her.

Luminous Harmony ultimately agreed to her request, on the condition that she represent him and explain the whole story to Raina Grace in detail.

Bamboo Jane had made up her mind to take Luminous Harmony back to the Surface Domain. She planned to leave behind the Bamboo Family, the Sky Domain, and the Celestial Domain, no longer concerning herself with their affairs. However, after dedicating so much to the Bamboo Family, the idea of exposing all its secrets to an outsider was something she couldn't bring herself to do.

But Raina Grace's unique status, coupled with the significant help she provided Luminous Harmony, meriting being saved from the abyss's power, made Bamboo Jane feel Raina Grace deserved to know anything she wished. If Raina Grace asked, she would answer; if not, she wouldn't bring it up.

Regarding the ring that Luminous Harmony wore, which was ultimately absorbed by Raina Grace, Flame Wave speculated it was something Silver Tan had received from Jade Thistle long ago, later given to Luminous Harmony to manage his condition. The inability to suppress a sudden outbreak was fortuitously encountered by Raina Grace, who was more capable of restraining that power, proving to be a stroke of luck for Luminous Harmony amidst misfortune.

Raina Grace hadn't anticipated the ring's involvement with Granny Rain. It seemed Granny Rain was injured around that time, losing any chance of advancement, leading her to settle in the Water Realm's lotus pond and eventually adopt Raina Grace. These events appeared coincidental yet seemed predestined.

Flame Wave suspected a powerful force manipulating events from behind, with Jade Thistle's death being part of a scheme and betrayal. He was determined to uncover this hidden force, adopting a fearless stance against all adversaries.

Raina Grace didn't understand Flame Wave's persistence and dedication, feeling perhaps she hadn't grasped the extent to which strong tensions and inertia between people could reach. She often felt like an observer, watching their busy commitments and dedication without being moved or burdened.

Raina Grace found herself different from them; she preferred exploring the world freely, unbounded by tradition and societal expectations. She enjoyed quietly observing and contemplating, appreciating the beauty of nature and the mysteries of the universe.

Perhaps the complexity and weight of interpersonal tensions and inertia were too much for her, preferring to maintain a lighter state, keeping her inner peace and clarity.

"Without that ring, can Luminous Harmony still hold on?" The ring had been absorbed by Raina Grace in an instant, also tearing apart the dense "purple fluff" surrounding Luminous Harmony, but she wasn't sure if there would be lingering issues, "Didn't you say his body was only kept together by that ring?"

"Strangely, the damaged areas have completely healed. Though he still needs time to recover his internal weakness, at least it won't worsen from the outside," Bamboo Jane didn't mention that Luminous Harmony 's body, eroded by the abyss's power, might never fully recover unless he could reach the Celestial Domain.