Chapter 187 The Corpse of Silver Tan

"Is this Silver Tan?"

"Who's Silver Tan?"

When Raina Grace mentioned this was Silver Tan, Flame Wave and Flicker Shadow each reacted differently. Flame Wave wondered how Silver Tan could end up here, in such a state, while Flicker Shadow had never heard of Silver Tan.

"The Silver Tan you know," Raina Grace explained to Flame Wave, then turned to Flicker Shadow, "The mysterious person who has been sending you messages."

Now that they had found him, regardless of his current state, they had to take him with them. Flicker Shadow didn't dwell on why Silver Tan knew him and volunteered, "Then I'll carry him."

"Wait, in his condition..." Flame Wave hesitated, "Would moving him cause harm?"

"Yeah, could he fall apart?" Flicker Shadow was familiar with seeing animal bones scatter in the Verdant Thistle Forest when touched.

Raina Grace paused, seemingly consulting with Silver Tan, "He says he can't move at all, his body has fused with the gray viscous material."

"What do we do then?" Flicker Shadow looked at "Silver Tan," contemplating how they couldn't just tear him apart to take him.

Raina Grace quickly thought of a plan. Silver Tan warned that the place was extremely dangerous and that Willow Wood might return at any moment, urging them to leave quickly. But they had gone through so much trouble to find him, intending to take him with them. How could they give up now? Remembering the eternal soul entities they encountered in the abyssal alternate space, even they wanted to leave this place, let alone Silver Tan, even if he was once a Sky Whisper. If he was a Sky Whisper... "Can you become a soul entity, so we can take you with us?"

"Do you know about soul entities? But I can't," Silver Tan said with a bitter smile, "My body hasn't completely disappeared, I can't detach from it."

"Can't we force a detachment? What's needed?" Raina Grace didn't want to give up easily.

"Well... I need to attach to something else, but the conditions are strict." Silver Tan had little hope.

"Tell me," Raina Grace insisted.

"Firstly, it must be a living entity," Silver Tan said reluctantly, "But I can't take over your bodies, and your soul entities are too strong. I'd be consumed if I entered."

"Any other conditions?" Raina Grace pressed on.

"Even more unlikely..." With the first condition nearly impossible, Silver Tan held little hope for the rest.

"I want to know."

"When passing through the Ice and Fire Marsh, I was contaminated with the essence of ice and fire, a very peculiar power. It shares the same origin as the gray viscous material in this space, so I was immobilized upon falling here, waiting to be consumed. Now, if I want to escape, I need the power of the ice and fire essence..." Silver Tan, weakened, urged them to leave, not wanting to waste their time on him.

They were protected by elemental magnetic power in the Ice and Fire Marsh, preventing a fate similar to Silver Tan's. But speaking of the essence of ice and fire, it seemed that something perfectly matched this description, and it was alive.

Raina Grace, with a hint of disbelief, relayed Silver Tan's conditions to Flame Wave and Flicker Shadow, "Do you think the ice worm meets these conditions? Flicker Shadow, do you agree to let Silver Tan attach to the ice worm?"

"I... I don't mind..." Flicker Shadow looked at the foolishly floating worm above him, uncertain, "Is it considered alive?"

"It's perfect in its current state. If it had intelligence, we couldn't simply take its body," Flame Wave thought it was fine.

Raina Grace wasn't sure what classification the ice worm fell under, but it seemed like the only and suitable option. She detailed the ice worm's situation to Silver Tan, letting him decide, "There might be risks, and you'll lose your human body. But I think getting out of here alive is what's most important. Everything else can be discussed later."

"Sky Whispers aren't meant to have human forms. If successful, it would be almost a return to my original Sky Whisper form," Silver Tan said with a bitter smile, "If it works."

Living was his priority, still concerned about various matters: how Luminous Harmony was, what Willow Wood had done to the Sky Whispers. And considering Raina Grace and the others had gone through so much trouble to find him, he couldn't just give up. As for his appearance... a girl's face flashed through his mind, knowing that no matter his form, he had no chance with her.

Under Flicker Shadow's guidance, the ice worm landed on Silver Tan's head. He felt an affinity, but the resistance to transfer was too great, partly due to his weakened soul and fear of dissolution upon failure.

Eventually, Flame Wave, familiar with Silver Tan's elemental magnetic power from their mentor-mentee relationship, thought he could help. With Raina Grace's stable and gentle elemental magnetic power and Flicker Shadow controlling the ice worm, they prepared to assist, increasing the chances of success.

The process was long, filled with different emotions and uncertainties. In the dangerous environment of the abyss, they relied entirely on each other, staking their lives in the moment.

For Silver Tan, this was an extreme test, his soul attempting to transfer to an unfamiliar host. Each attempt was a gamble with life and death, with the possibility of failure looming. Throughout, he doubted his ability to persist, to successfully inhabit the ice worm, even contemplating what it would feel like to be a worm.

After what felt like an eternity, with no sound or movement, supported solely by their willpower, success or failure remained uncertain.

The tension was high, and suddenly, the ice worm moved—or rather, stopped moving, as it couldn't maintain its position above Silver Tan's head and began to fall.

Flicker Shadow reflexively caught it, asking, "Did it die?"

Raina Grace, exhausted, leaned on Flame Wave, who prioritized her well-being, "Let's leave, now, immediately."

Back at the abyss entrance, Flame Wave revitalized Raina Grace with his elemental magnetic power and a Feast Color Pill, her complexion finally improving.

"Did we fail?" she asked weakly.

Flicker Shadow remembered he was still holding the worm, showing it to them, "It's dead!"

"Don't be sad, we did our best," Flame Wave comforted her.

"No, I think it's moving?" Raina Grace observed the seemingly motionless worm, noticing a twitch in its claws.