Chapter 178 Willow Wood Reappears

Silver Tan had no idea how long he had been enduring, whether it had been a year or not. Although, due to the unique physical nature of a Sky Whisper, the demand for food was not as significant, he was, after all, in a human shell, which was almost turning into a mummified corpse due to the lack of nutrients. Yet, his spirit was becoming more vigorous.

"Silver Tan, Silver Tan?" The ghostly voice of Luminous Harmony came through again. For a long time, Silver Tan had tried to contact Luminous Harmony but never received a response. Just when he had given up hope, Luminous Harmony reached out again?

"I'm here," Silver Tan answered, "How are you?"

"You can use psychic power now?" Luminous Harmony's voice sounded very surprised.

"Psychic power?" Reminded by Luminous Harmony, Silver Tan realized that due to the early desiccation of his body's vocal system, he was using psychic power to communicate with Luminous Harmony.

Sky Whispers were already known for their strong psychic abilities, but only a few elites within their race could achieve the level of psychic communication. And after all Sky Whispers were reborn as humans, they could no longer reach this realm. So, was it possible that the weakening of his body had actually enhanced his psychic power?

"You really are remarkable," Luminous Harmony clicked his tongue in admiration, "No wonder you are the only Sky Whisper who could cultivate to the realm of the gold element."

Silver Tan then remembered his elemental magnetic field, equipped with all five elements, which might be another reason for his robust psychic power. However, why did Luminous Harmony's tone sound so strange?

He became alert: "Who are you, really? Could it be... Willow Wood?"

"Quick reaction, indeed it's Willow Wood."

"How are you here? And Luminous Harmony?" He immediately realized, "Have you taken over his body again?"

"How should I put this? Although I've borrowed his body, I've also lent him my psychic power, allowing him to expand his psychic connections to the entire planet and even the universe. Isn't this the highest pursuit of your Sky Whispers?" Willow Wood persuaded gently, "But his abilities are indeed limited, and the range of communication is too narrow. If it were you, you could connect to a much broader space. Would you like to try?"

"Try? Does this mean acknowledging you taking over my body?" Silver Tan did not place the so-called highest pursuit of Sky Whispers in his heart. He hadn't even understood the happenings within this small star domain, let alone the mysteries and unknowns that would only overwhelm him.

"Do you feel that your understanding is not enough to expand to larger areas?" Willow Wood saw through his thoughts, "But when your psychic power is greatly strengthened, all mysteries will not be secrets in your eyes."

"That feeling is like replacing a narrow window with a massive door. Your perception will become incredibly sharp, allowing you to observe the orbit of every star in the universe, the fall of every dust particle. Every sound, smell, and light becomes clearer and more three-dimensional. You can easily distinguish minor details, capturing movements you've never noticed before. Your world will become richer and more colorful, as if you're finally seeing the real colors in a black-and-white world. You can sense every fluctuation of elemental magnetic power around you, the trembling of every blade of grass, the sound of wind blowing through the leaves. Your thinking will become more flexible, easily understanding and mastering complex concepts and knowledge. You will become more confident, knowing that no matter what challenge you face, you have enough ability to understand, cope with, and overcome it."

It sounded very appealing, but being a Sky Whisper devoid of interest and curiosity, Silver Tan remained indifferent. Besides, Willow Wood surely had his own motives, whatever they might be, and Silver Tan had no intention of facilitating them.

However, if the expansion of psychic power could allow him to perceive any existence, could it also help him find Raina Grace's location? And what about Luminous Harmony, Silver Tan always had doubts about his sudden appearance and disappearance. "How can I know everything you've said is true?"

"It's simple. Let me enter your consciousness, and don't resist."

"That simple? How do I know you won't just stay there?"

"It sounds simple, but it's not that simple. Your body can't bear all of my psychic power, and if it's too long, you will collapse. My goal is not to make you collapse, so I will exit in time."

Silver Tan agreed to try: "Alright, I hope you do what you say."

"I'm here."

As Luminous Harmony's words fell, Silver Tan suddenly felt a chill in his brain, as if a cool breeze had passed through, and his consciousness was guided into a whole new realm. It was as if floating in an endless void, with no gravity, no time, only the endless universe and countless existences. He could sense Willow Wood, but that was no longer the physical Willow Wood, but a pure psychic presence.

His thinking became sharper, understanding Willow Wood's thoughts and knowledge with an unprecedented depth and breadth. This understanding didn't require language or text, like two planets resonating with each other in the universe, transferring information. He seemed to suddenly understand many mysteries that he had not been able to grasp before—the operation of the universe, the flow of energy, the origin of life, everything became so clear.

However, a strong sense of unease quickly rose. He felt like a speck of dust floating in the universe without a stable orbit, free yet fragile. This was what Willow Wood meant by saying that staying too long would cause him to collapse because this level of psychic communication couldn't last too long.

Silver Tan's consciousness was still there, but he couldn't exert any control; his thoughts and ideas were completely dominated by Willow Wood, who even seemed to see through all of his thoughts, merely disregarding them with contempt.

Feeling like Willow Wood's puppet, a sense of humiliation and embarrassment naturally arose. Silver Tan was unwilling to be bound in this way and began to search for a shred of his own autonomy within Willow Wood's powerful mind, like looking for a faint light in the darkness.

This process of resistance was not easy, akin to fighting against an invisible cage, but his goal was not to completely escape Willow Wood's control, just to glimpse something he wanted to see through a slight crack.

"Ah, you are indeed extraordinary, to still have the strength to resist." Willow Wood noticed his intention almost instantly and then exited his consciousness, "Well, you are strong, but still need to be tamed. Just stay here for now."

As Willow Wood withdrew, Silver Tan immediately fell into a deep sense of emptiness and powerlessness, left with a drained, crushed, trampled shell, utterly worthless, living without any meaning, so insignificant that he couldn't even see himself, so trivial that any material could displace him.

After a while, this intense sense of loss of self slowly subsided, and Silver Tan understood what Willow Wood meant by the aspiration for psychic power: having once possessed an immensely powerful psychic force, having that feeling of controlling everything, and then plummeting from the clouds to the abyss.

Controlling and destroying hearts in such a direct and effective way.