Chapter 160 Destiny Smiles

By the time Raina Grace and Flame Wave returned hand in hand to the warm spring cottage, Flicker Shadow had anxiously envisioned countless possibilities. Now witnessing one of them, he thought he could accept anything as long as Raina Grace returned safely. Yet, why was there still a fire burning in his heart?

"Flicker Shadow?" Raina Grace looked surprised at the figure standing motionless in the shadow, "What are you doing here? Were you waiting for me? Didn't WeeStick tell you I was okay?"

WeeStick could only convey to Lightning what its small brain understood, and Lightning, in turn, somewhat dim-wittedly communicated to Flicker Shadow, who could only grasp the simplest message: rest assured.

How could he rest assured? However, since Raina Grace had tasked him with taking the woman carried by the large bird back, he couldn't refuse.

"I've arranged her with Willow Wood in my room," he now had an excuse for waiting.

"That's a good arrangement. They are from the same clan; it should be fine. How is she?" Raina Grace still remembered Jadelle's listless appearance. No longer as spirited as before, she was just a pitiable young girl.

"I don't know," Flicker Shadow said petulantly, "Am I supposed to take care of her too?"

"I'll go check on her then." Flame Wave, who had been sidelined, noticed Flicker Shadow's mood. He wanted to be generous, to give Raina Grace space to explain, and to handle the situation gracefully. As for what happened behind the scenes, that would be dealt with later.

Watching Flame Wave's confident departure, Flicker Shadow frowned, "Who is he? Acting like he owns the place?"

Of course, he knew who this was—the commander from before. The silver-grey aircraft, the lightning-shaped thunder cannon, the man with a cold face but a tender heart who descended from the sky and held the fainting Raina Grace in his arms... This had been his nightmare for many years. Now, the nightmare had become reality!

In fact, the nightmare had already come true. Hadn't he heard from Willow Wood, disguised as Luminous Harmony, about Raina Grace's adventures in the Sky Domain? Even Raina Grace herself had mentioned it. Celestial Balance Fortress, Gold and Silver Sea, Azure and White Forest—wasn't this commander always there?

How had he consoled himself then? Just seeing Raina Grace again was enough for him. These past few days, he had indeed felt content, enough to think things could return to how they were before. He even planned to help Raina Grace find the truth about the lord's disappearance without any reservations.

But now, he couldn't care less about the truth. He only cared about when this man arrived and when he would leave.

"That's Flame Wave. We might stay here for a while," Raina Grace didn't know what Flame Wave's plans were; they had a lot to discuss. It was better to pause and think clearly about their next steps.

"You two?" Flicker Shadow asked stiffly, "Living together?"

"Yes, Flame Wave can stay with me," Raina Grace paused, feeling this arrangement was also viable, "But what about you? Your room is now taken by Sky Whisper... we can't just let them stay outside..." Raina Grace was at a loss.

"Then I'll stay outside," Flicker Shadow turned to leave.

"Hey, Flicker Shadow!" Raina Grace called out, "That's not what I meant."

Flicker Shadow didn't look back, "I know. But Lightning and I are used to camping out when hunting; it's fine. We'll go wander outside." He desperately needed to breathe some fresh air; he was suffocating here.

"Flicker Shadow!" Raina Grace vaguely felt she shouldn't let Flicker Shadow walk away like this. Was he angry?

"Letting him get some fresh air is probably for the best." Flame Wave, who had quickly returned from checking on Jadelle, caught the latter half of their conversation and was pleased with Flicker Shadow's understanding. He had been wondering how to get rid of this troublesome guy, and thankfully, he left on his own.

Of course, the most supportive was his dear Raina Grace. Thus, he leaned down and kissed her as a reward.

Raina Grace was stunned, touching her lips thoughtfully: Flicker Shadow must be angry with her. Because she brought Flame Wave back without informing him?

Although Flame Wave was happy that Raina Grace was becoming more emotionally aware, there was no need for excessive worry, especially concerning her past lovers and childhood friends, those green years he hadn't been part of, which made him insanely jealous. He somewhat understood Flicker Shadow but felt no sympathy, only wishing him to stay far away, out of sight and mind.

"How is Jadelle?" It seemed Raina Grace also wanted to divert the topic.

"She hasn't woken up, probably just exhausted," Flame Wave quickly made arrangements for himself, "These times have been tough, I'm also exhausted. Is there a place for me to sleep?"

"Sleep in my room. I'll take you there," Raina Grace immediately offered.

The room wasn't large, but it was filled with Raina Grace's unique fragrance—a natural scent.

"Stay with me for a while," Flame Wave held Raina Grace's hand.

"Do you need someone to accompany you to sleep?" Raina Grace teased him.

"We haven't seen each other for a long time; I just want your company," Flame Wave didn't let go but didn't force her, only expressing his desire softly, his eyes filled with longing.

Unable to resist, Raina Grace agreed, "Then I'll lie with you for a while. Just for a while, I still have to check on..."

"Okay," Flame Wave agreed to any condition Raina Grace had, not even letting her finish, "Just for a while."

However, with the warmth and softness in his arms, Flame Wave had no intention of wasting the moment on sleep. After a few tender kisses, Raina Grace was utterly disarmed and gave up resisting.

"No matter who you are..." A kiss landed on her forehead, "No matter where you are..." A kiss on her nose, "No matter when..." A kiss on the corner of her lips, "I will always love you..." A kiss on her heart... and then enveloped...

Raina Grace felt a warm, tingling current radiating from his lips to her body, a primal throbbing that made her heart thunder. Something seemed to peel away from her soul, while something else was deeply engraved into it.

For a moment, she forgot who she was, as if drifting in the profound depths of the ocean, listening to an ancient, distant poem. Various elements interweaving and rubbing against each other, birthing new deities in the firelight.

Time seemed to stop, space lost its boundaries. The heart of elemental magnetic power danced with her, pure, deep, intoxicating. This was a mysterious ceremony, a wonderful reaction, the ups and downs of life, and the surge of energy.

This was an indescribable connection, a call of destiny, a smile of fate...