Chapter 132 The Contrary White Falcon

The White Falcon usually stayed in the Azure and White Forest, but lately, it had taken a liking to visiting the residence, especially enjoying being by Raina Grace's side. Even Flame Wave's departure didn't cause much fuss for it, which is why Flame Wave had instructed the White Falcon to accompany Raina Grace for some fresh air whenever she felt bored. Given the White Falcon's "wide acquaintance" in the Celestial Domain, Flame Wave was very confident in its ability to serve as a guide.

"Why don't we go to the Azure and White Forest? Let's look for Azure Phoenix and the others," Raina Grace suggested to the White Falcon after Flame Wave left, pondering deeply.

She was mainly worried about WeeStick; the last time she saw it, its mood was unstable, and it wouldn't speak. She wondered how it had been these past days.

The White Falcon, naturally loving open spaces and nature, became restless if confined for too long. Thus, Raina Grace felt it was her taking it out for a breather, not the other way around. She couldn't understand why the White Falcon wouldn't want to stay in the Azure and White Forest all the time.

"Maybe it's because there's always that woman's presence in the Azure and White Forest lately; that's why it's afraid," Azure Phoenix suggested casually while preening its feathers in the forest, no longer in the anxious hurry it had been on Pine Mist Mountain.

Raina Grace found it strange, but what mattered to Azure Phoenix was what felt right. Moreover, the power of the abyss still lurked within Azure Phoenix, though it remained docile for now. The "Wishful Seal" she crafted was hung around Azure Phoenix's neck, ready for unexpected needs.

"Azure Phoenix, you've encountered the women from the Bamboo Family. Do you think there's a similarity between the woman in the Azure and White Forest and those from the Bamboo Family?" Raina Grace had discussed this issue with Flame Wave but couldn't find any leads. Perhaps Azure Phoenix could offer a perspective from the birds' viewpoint. "Like, a control over birds?"

Azure Phoenix tilted its head, seeming to think for a while before responding, "I haven't paid much attention to the birds' emotions, especially when I was in the Sky Domain struggling with the power of the abyss within my body. As for the White Falcon, since it always fluttered around me, I naturally noticed its restlessness. Every time that woman appeared, it would shrink back. As for the reason, I don't know."

Even though the White Falcon possessed considerable intelligence, that was relative to ordinary creatures. Compared to humans, Azure Phoenix, and the Terra Grove clan, it still had many shortcomings. Even Flame Wave, its master, could only communicate with the White Falcon in a limited manner. Thus, no one knew the reason for the White Falcon's fear.

Through Azure Phoenix's observations and Raina Grace's deductions, perhaps the White Falcon was afraid of that power to control birds. But how to verify this? Raina Grace didn't have any good ideas for the time being and could only focus on WeeStick. "By the way, where's WeeStick?"

It seemed WeeStick had also found its place in the Azure and White Forest. According to Azure Phoenix, it often disappeared, only occasionally contacting Azure Phoenix.

Being from different species, Azure Phoenix had no obligation to constantly look after WeeStick. Moreover, it no longer needed to practice; the Terra Grove wood was no longer essential for it.

"It's quite comfortable in the Azure and White Forest, seemingly fearless of anything. It's as if the forest has given it confidence," Azure Phoenix commented, "I have no reason to keep it by my side."

"Is that so?" Raina Grace felt somewhat melancholic. Could the Azure and White Forest become another place where she and WeeStick parted ways? Yet, it wouldn't even show its face. They were at least friends; a greeting when visiting should be possible.

But Raina Grace thought again: maybe WeeStick was just enjoying itself, and once it became familiar with the Azure and White Forest, it would naturally return. Then, she could ask it about the wonders of the forest and the Pale Jade Tree, whether it was just her illusion or truly existed within the forest.

Raina Grace certainly hadn't forgotten her main purpose for coming to the Celestial Domain—to find a way to completely cure the power of the abyss within Azure Phoenix. "I've asked Flame Wave and looked into it myself, but the origin of the Gold and Silver Sea remains a mystery. Moreover, I've never heard of any life form being able to approach it," she explained to Azure Phoenix. "However, I already have a plan. First, we'll see if the Scholar's Pavilion has any detailed records. Then, we can try again together."

"Hmm, no rush. Right now, I actually feel an unusually calm atmosphere in the Azure and White Forest, which completely suppresses the power of the abyss. Even my previously restless desire for a swift nirvana has strangely settled down." Azure Phoenix's current state was truly content, feeling no concerns or losses. Letting things take their natural course seemed the best outcome.

"The Azure and White Forest really does possess a strange power," Raina Grace's feelings were different, a kind of tranquility, but this tranquility felt more like a desireless and demandless state after cessation. Arriving here, she didn't want to think about anything, just wanted to empty herself and become a part of the Azure and White Forest.

"Moreover, there's a faint scent of Terra Grove wood here," Azure Phoenix expressed some confusion. "I can't exactly place it. I asked WeeStick, but it babbled without making much sense."

"Terra Grove wood? Could there be Terra Grove wood in the Azure and White Forest?" Raina Grace immediately thought of the Pale Jade Tree that resembled Terra Grove wood.

"I suspected so, and thus explored around, but found nothing. And this scent seems omnipresent yet untraceable. Truly strange," Azure Phoenix said.

"Could it be that WeeStick is attracted by this atmosphere, which is why it lingers?" Raina Grace speculated.

Azure Phoenix's explanation seemed more plausible: "It's inherently plant-like, naturally drawn to forests. Perhaps it will eventually root here, finding a way for the Terra Grove species to thrive once more."

"If that's the case, it would be best," Raina Grace thought of the Terra Grove Ancestor's entrustment, yet felt an unease: A quiet prosperity or a noisy freedom? How would Terra Grove wood choose, and what would WeeStick choose?

Moreover, WeeStick used to share everything with her; now, why had it disappeared without any word? "Azure Phoenix, I'm a bit worried about WeeStick. Next time you see it, make sure it waits for me. I have a lot to say to it."

"You saying that, I too start to feel that this headstrong piece of wood, suddenly becoming decisive, might be an indication of something wrong," Azure Phoenix realized something was amiss with WeeStick after Raina Grace's reminder.

"Then I'll have the White Falcon stay to pass messages," Raina Grace, truly concerned about WeeStick and unable to stay in the Azure and White Forest permanently, decided to leave the White Falcon behind, though it was very reluctant.

To get the White Falcon to return to the Azure and White Forest, Raina Grace exerted much effort. She remembered the White Falcon seemed particularly covetous of the Wishful Seal around Azure Phoenix's neck. Perhaps it was also drawn to her elemental magnetic power, which is why it wanted to be near her?

Raina Grace had Flame Wave find some natural minerals to craft a small ring that could be fitted around the White Falcon's claw. Then, she infused it with her own elemental magnetic power. Indeed, the White Falcon was very willing to wear this accessory, and its aversion to returning to the Azure and White Forest lessened.