Chapter 103 Silver Tan Himself

The steward-in-chief has a separate courtyard, and Luminous Harmony's courtyard is located in a slightly remote area of the Wood Realm Alliance, occupying not a small piece of land, and it's often quiet and peaceful.

Raina Grace, as Luminous Harmony's main assistant being temporarily housed here, likes the tranquil environment and the lush greenery, somewhat reminiscent of the small cabin in Verdant Thistle Forest, though here it is more exquisite and orderly.

Now about to leave, she doesn't feel too reluctant—having grown accustomed to moving between different places, not knowing when she might head somewhere else, she cherishes every moment all the more.

While she lingers, greedily taking in the courtyard's blooming splendor, she heads towards Luminous Harmony's quarters—he lives alone in the innermost courtyard, while Raina stays in the outer one—planning to bid farewell to Luminous Harmony directly, which was her reason for returning.

"...To what extent do you plan to go? I remember you said before that you wouldn't get involved in their affairs."

This is Luminous Harmony's voice, sounding somewhat sorrowful. Who is he talking to?

"But we're all kin. When they come to me for help, I can't just stand by and watch. Helping once leads to a second time, then a third, and a fourth... You're wise to have kept out of it from the start. But do you really plan to stay in the Wood Realm Alliance as a steward-in-chief forever?"

Another voice speaks with a tone of resignation. But the question asked is exactly what Raina wanted to eavesdrop on, so she stays put, wanting to hear Luminous Harmony's response.

"Of course, I'm very serious. Being able to do something for others, to make society more harmonious, is the most interesting and meaningful thing I've learned from human history. I want to try and see to what extent I can achieve this." Luminous Harmony's answer remains earnest and ambitious, apparently reflecting his true ideals.

"You... never mind, as long as you find it interesting. I, on the other hand, find life increasingly meaningless, constantly scheming and competing, utterly dull."

"You've always pursued power purely, so only you could reach that level. After so much hardship and effort, now you find it meaningless because you've mixed in other things. It might still be timely to withdraw now."

"I also had my share of luck. Our kind is naturally restricted by fire, and even if we barely overcome it, it's hard to make further progress. Besides, working in the Wood Realm Alliance, you must have felt it too, in this complex society intertwined with family or alliance interests, it's not so easy to just leave."

"Well... you could say that. After all, walking this life, maintaining the original purity is hard..."

Having heard enough, and things she shouldn't have heard, Raina decides to make some noise, whether to interrupt them or to be sent away, letting them make the decision. So, she purposefully kicks a stone.

"Who's there? Who's outside?" Unexpectedly, the stranger speaks up loudly, as if quite surprised.

Luminous Harmony also immediately pokes his head out of the window, and upon seeing Raina, asks in astonishment, "Is it you? You've returned?"

Before Raina can reply, the stranger also peers out, asking, "When did you get here, and how did I not hear a sound?"

Huh? They hadn't said anything important, why the nervousness? Raina dares not reveal she had been listening for a while, only saying, "I just walked over here and accidentally kicked a stone. Did I disturb you?"

"No, it's just that you've gotten so close, and yet, aside from that stone, I actually didn't hear your footsteps?" The stranger is very vigilant, not overlooking even this detail.