Chapter 65 The Poison of the Colorful Spider

Flicker Shadow felt an unbearable dryness, not just in his mouth – even though someone had given him water when he cried out in thirst.

It was a deep, unquenchable thirst emanating from within his body, a thirst that couldn't be quenched even if his whole body were submerged in water.

He craved the touch of soft skin, the kiss of tender lips, he needed...

He curled up tightly, trying desperately to suppress this hunger; he beat his body, trying to smash the desire into oblivion.

"Flicker Shadow, Flicker Shadow?" someone was calling him, "What's wrong with you?"

Such a sweet call, like a spring flowing into his heart. He instinctively reached out, longing to touch this spring.

His hand met smooth skin and a soft arm, and he pulled the warm and fragrant body into his embrace. The fresh scent made him half sober, yet the other half longed even more.

Flicker Shadow eagerly inhaled the fragrance – too sweet, not enough... so he kissed, sucked, and savored. It was his spring, his honey, his life source...

Raina had grown accustomed to Flicker Shadow's embraces, just like with Lightning, often sniffing and nuzzling up to her. But he had never been this fierce and intense, as if he wanted to crush her.

Was he still not awake? What kind of nightmare could make him so frantic?

"Flicker Shadow, Flicker Shadow?" Raina struggled to break free from his tight grip, causing her pain. She kept shouting his name, "Wake up!"

Flicker Shadow seemed to briefly regain consciousness, loosening his grip. Raina seized the opportunity to break free and stood at a distance. Flicker Shadow groped around but found nothing and curled up again, continuously moaning.

Raina watched him curled up in a ball, such a big man looking so pitifully lost and helpless, leaving her at a loss.

Was he poisoned? Had the colorful spider injected toxin while absorbing his elemental magnetic power? What kind of poison was it?

If Raina somewhat understood elemental magnetic power, she was completely clueless about poison. The forest was full of different toxins, and everyone seemed to endure them – the antidotes weren't very effective.

Flicker Shadow had mentioned being frequently attacked by various toxins, but they never caused lasting harm as he believed his elemental magnetic power helped him neutralize some of the toxins. So why wasn't it working now? Was it because he lost too much power?

But how is elemental magnetic power replenished?

Raina had never thought about this. Everything seemed to happen naturally.

In the Elemental Magnetic Mainland, people automatically replenished water elements when in the Water Realm, reaching culmination – successful condensation – before moving to the Earth Realm to absorb earth elements, and so on.

In Verdant Thistle Forest, human absorption of elemental magnetic power was very difficult. From Raina's observation, the valley's humans had only accumulated a small amount of elemental magnetic power, a mix of all five elements, perhaps making it difficult to condense.

Flicker Shadow was an exception. Raina didn't know what had happened during his three years alone in Verdant Thistle Forest, but he had acquired strong elemental magnetic power, significantly enhancing his offensive and defensive abilities.

But now, if his elemental magnetic power had decreased, what to do?

Raina had abundant elemental magnetic power, but all of it was water elements. No matter where she was, all elemental magnetic power in her body transformed into water elements.