Chapter 6 The Head of the Scholar's Pavilion

The Scholar's Pavilion, known as the most transcendent place in the Celestial Domain, was nearly void of people. Its master was almost invisible, and the entire pavilion had the solemnity of a tomb.

Silver Wolf stood before the heavily sealed gates, hesitant to enter. Sensing his reluctance, the heavy doors creaked open slowly, revealing a dark and empty hall.

 Sensing his reluctance, the heavy doors creaked open slowly, revealing a dark and empty hall

Looking inside, Silver Wolf saw a long, deserted corridor ending in another closed door. With a deep sigh, he stepped through the first door. As he entered, the door closed behind him with a creak; as he moved forward, the second door sensed his approach and opened automatically, followed by the third, then the fourth...

Walking through the dark corridors and halls, the only sounds were his footsteps and the occasional gust of wind. Even someone as fearless as Silver Wolf felt a heavy oppression and an inescapable suffocation.

He didn't count how many doors there were; the layout always seemed different with each visit. Perhaps it was the master's doing, or maybe it was a reflection of the visitor's inner fears. Who knew? The Scholar's Pavilion was always full of esoteric and unfathomable things, shrouded in mystery even to the elders and passed down through generations of masters.

As a Silver Division sorcerer, Silver Wolf often thought much of this was a pretense—creating an aura of sanctity and inviolability to maintain the Pavilion's transcendent status and unquestionable authority.

Finally reaching the main hall, Silver Wolf saw a figure seated in the grand chair above. Breaking the heavy silence, he spoke, "I really don't know how you've been living these years, turned into a statue? Every time I come, I see you in the same pose sitting here."

"So you've been coming in less and less," the figure replied with a hoarse and somber voice, roughened from long silence.

"Today the Pavilion had a meeting... you didn't attend, as usual... Not that it matters, it's become more and more pointless," Silver Wolf said, looking around boredly. "The main hall hasn't changed, but what's with those things outside? I heard someone got scared half to death last time they came. Why do I only ever see those uninteresting lifeless objects?"