Volume 5 The Abyss of Elemental Magnetism Chapter 161 The Beauty of Seasons

Volume 5 The Abyss ofElemental MagnetismChapter 161 The Beauty ofSeasons

Now is the best season in Verdant Thistle Forest, with a gentle breeze bringing the fragrance of flowers and fresh air. The trees are bursting with vitality, shimmering with a lush green glow.

"Clusters of red blooms and green calyxes fill the fragrant feast," Flame Wave exclaimed in admiration, "It is indeed the Verdant Thistle Forest."

Flame Wave is someone who faces challenges head-on, never faltering before the battle even begins. He would sleep when it's time to sleep, wander when it's time to wander, and in his leisure, he lamented that he couldn't offer beauty advice to Raina Grace — pity that she neither needed nor appreciated it.

In this long-missed natural tranquility, surrounded by friends and loved ones, Raina Grace wished to clear her mind. She had heard that to die after hearing the Way in the morning is to have no regrets. Then, could the happiness she experienced also become a moment to cherish forever?

Away from strife and splendor, returning to the simplest way of living, Jadelle felt completely at peace. She was curious about everything, as if she had never truly known the planet she had lived on for so long.

Flicker Shadow, having come to a realization, refused to waste any more days not spent with Raina Grace. Using his unique skills, he started building a new house, naturally requiring Raina Grace's help — despite the annoyance of someone getting in their way. But in the forest, he and Raina Grace shared an unspoken understanding, fulfilling him immensely.

Only Willow Wood kept going on about unfinished endeavors and the suffering of their kin. "We've been suffering for two thousand years, what's a little longer?" Jadelle remained unmoved. Raina Grace felt it was not yet the time. Flame Wave and Flicker Shadow were unconcerned.

Thus, under a delicate balance, they showcased a peacefully idyllic side of life.

Until one day, WeeStick, who joyfully traveled between the free tribes and the hot spring cottage, brought back news to Flicker Shadow: two freemen were trapped in the abyss, and the tribe's chief hoped Flicker Shadow would help.

Holding the bark letter WeeStick brought back, Flicker Shadow zoned out for a moment. He had often taken Lightning to the abyss, but due to the dread it inspired, they had only ventured into a few places, especially after the incident with Willow Wood. He had even warned the freemen not to go to the abyss. Why the freemen ignored his advice and chose such a radical training method was beyond him. Despite despising their rashness, he couldn't just stand by and watch.

After quickly packing the essentials, Flicker Shadow found that everyone had gathered together at the cottage.

"Let's go, there's nothing to pack. Having me is enough," Willow Wood said, most eagerly, as his long-awaited moment had finally arrived.

Flicker Shadow looked at Raina Grace: "This is the freemen's affair; you don't have to go." He had seen firsthand how the freemen had treated Raina Grace and how much she now enjoyed this peaceful time. He didn't want the freemen's affairs to disturb her.

"This is not just about the freemen; it's about the Verdant Thistle Forest," Raina Grace shook her head, "and it involves the Sky Whisper, humans. Sooner or later, we all have to face it, might as well be now."

Flame Wave naturally wanted to accompany Raina Grace, especially curious about the endlessly mysterious abyss they had never set foot in.

As a Sky Whisper, Jadelle had also emerged from the abyss, but those long-ago events were so distant that aside from coldness and fear, she remembered nothing. Still afraid, she knew she had to overcome it and start anew as a Sky Whisper.

As for Lightning and WeeStick, these two carefree spirits, there was no choice to be made. Seeing everyone going out together, they were ecstatic, forgetting the hardships they had endured in the abyss.

The path from Verdant Thistle Forest to the abyss was one Flicker Shadow had traveled many times over the years, and it was the path Raina Grace had taken to leave.

"Do you remember? You mentioned this path unintentionally," Flicker Shadow said. During the time he lost Raina Grace and their kin, he survived by recalling their memories and the words she had said about this path to the abyss.

Raina Grace nodded: "I noticed it the day I followed you out from here. This path leads to the cave where the Azure Phoenix had broken out of its shell."

Flame Wave, usually so composed, couldn't stand Flicker Shadow's constant reminiscing about his and Raina Grace's past stories. He had thought to indulge the younger one a bit, but even a naughty child needs to be disciplined. "Speaking of the Azure Phoenix, it reminds me of when we went to the Celestial Domain together, you on the Azure Phoenix and I on the White Falcon, like a match made in heaven. It's just a pity the Azure Phoenix is no longer in its former state. Hopefully, we can find a remedy in the abyss to help it recover."

Raina Grace was visibly troubled when it came to the Azure Phoenix, worried yet aware of the complexity of its condition. Various factors intertwined and influenced each other, making the outcome uncertain. Just like this journey into the abyss, involving freemen, Sky Whispers, the essence of elemental magnetic power, historical grievances, and hidden forces making her uneasy.

"The Azure Phoenix is a good friend of Raina Grace. It will come to help her in times of crisis, not a prop for your romantic adventures," Flicker Shadow finally snapped, using the phrase "romantic adventures" for the first time.

Flame Wave smiled slightly: "The White Falcon is also my friend. There's nothing wrong with good friends traveling together to relax, enjoying the romantic scenery, have you ever heard 'Once the golden wind and jade dew meet, they surpass countless others in this world'?"

Flicker Shadow glanced at their "good friends" running ahead and shouted, "Lightning, if you keep idling around in romantic fantasies, are you planning to live off love alone? If you don't hunt with me, what will you eat?"

Flame Wave: ...

Raina Grace laughed, her worries dissolving. Indeed, what was the use of worrying so much now? Everything was unpredictable; just take one step at a time. For now, focus on the present, as Flicker Shadow said, not knowing how long they would stay in the abyss, preparing some food was essential. "Flicker Shadow, wait for me. The dark purple berries we picked last time can be naturally dried and stored for a long time. Let's find some more for storage."

Flame Wave, watching the two youthful figures, felt a sense of age creeping upon him as he silently touched his forehead.

"What do you Sky Whispers live on down there?" He suddenly asked, noticing Jadelle's attention on them.

"Uh, I, I don't know," Jadelle hesitated before answering blankly, "I've always eaten the same as humans. Am I still a Sky Whisper? I'll ask Willow Wood."

"Sky Whispers in the abyss are ethereal beings that feed on energy. There's no need to prepare human food specifically."

"What about me? What about you? Do we just eat energy too?"

Willow Wood struggled, pinching his thin cheeks: "This body might still need organic matter to sustain itself. It's really a burden."

Jadelle snorted: "After longing for this body for so long, now you find it a burden? Talk about being hard to please."