Chapter 18 At the Water-Earth Inn

Flame Wave felt a significant restoration of his internal strength, perhaps due to a moment of rest or the plethora of tasks awaiting his personal attention. Most intriguingly, the diminishing water element within him seemed to gradually replenish.

As he absorbed this energy, a mild and cool breeze-like force entered his temples, alleviating the scorching pain and pressure on his brain nerves—this was the long-missed water element, once again feeling its cool, moist power, like spring rain on parched land.

A surge of excitement rose in his heart. Flame Wave speculated on how his ability to absorb the water element had recovered, whether it was a "sequel" to falling into the water again or due to his current location. Regardless, this was a stroke of luck, thanks in part to the little girl.

Thinking this way, Flame Wave no longer resisted her presence. If this truly was Raina Grace's doing, then assisting her in securing an identity in return was a bargain for him.

"When I'm better, I'll take you to stay at a hotel, which will be more comfortable," Flame Wave said, his tone noticeably softer.

Raina Grace turned to him with her clear eyes, as if asking, "What's a hotel?"

"A hotel is a place where you can rest and stay. Sometimes, you can enjoy delicious food, beautiful music, and elegant dances there. There are many types of hotels, some as grand as castles, some as cozy as cabins, and some as convenient as tents. You can choose different hotels based on your budget and preferences."

"Travelers are those who are not content with staying in their homelands. They want to see what wonders the world holds. They travel to many places, meet many people, on their mounts or flying vehicles. They have many stories to tell, many items to sell. They meet other travelers in hotels, sometimes becoming friends, sometimes enemies."

"I am a traveler who enjoys comfort and travel. I've been to many places, seen many landscapes. I've stayed in the most luxurious castles and the simplest tents. I've met the kindest people and the most dangerous beasts. My experiences are rich, and I'll share them with you when I have time..."

He found himself explaining more than intended, his throat dry from talking, while Raina Grace remained silent, her eyes filled with intense curiosity and anticipation.

Realizing this, Flame Wave stopped. He understood that her eyes spoke volumes, effortlessly drawing others into opening up to her. It must be his current vulnerability that made him so easily influenced. Recognizing this, Flame Wave tried not to look directly into her eyes: Raina Grace was too curious, and he didn't want to become a chatterbox.

 Recognizing this, Flame Wave tried not to look directly into her eyes: Raina Grace was too curious, and he didn't want to become a chatterbox