Diana Prince- Cookies (c)

Diana had read intensively about the concept of Christmas but had only experienced it once and that wasn't the most in-depth experience for her. Now that the two of you were dating, you insisted that she spent Christmas with your family, and she was grateful to be offered a chance to be a part of it. She had helped you decorate your home a couple of weeks earlier but with the big day being tomorrow, she was gladly assisting you prepare all the food.

You had never cooked a Christmas dinner before but seen as it was Diana's first proper Christmas, you had volunteered to host the day in your home for the two of you along with your immediate family.

"If we start with baking the Christmas cookies first then we can let them rest whilst we start on the dinner prep for tomorrow before we decorate them and make the other desserts," you said, flipping through the pile of recipes you had gathered to try and make sure the food wouldn't be terrible.

"How many people are coming tomorrow?" She questioned.

"There will be us, my parents and my sister, her husband and two children," you smiled softly. "My gran might be joining us, but it depends if she caught her train to stay at my parents or decided to stay up North with my auntie."

Diana looked puzzled. "So not even ten people will be here tomorrow, yet you are preparing a feast for an army? I do not understand."

You shrugged your shoulders as you didn't have a very good explanation for it past the normal expectations that came with whomever hosted a family Christmas.

"It's what is expected for Christmas. One of the main parts is sitting down together for a plentiful lunch with many elements before having a few options for desserts and having tea in the evening that could be leftovers or a completely different cold meal instead," you explained. "And on top of that we would have home baked cookies and other sweets or snacks throughout the day. That's all not even considering what could be provided for the following day."

She still looked slightly baffled as she considered what you had said but had no reference for such a celebration back in Themyscira.

"I am certain that it shall be all delicious," she said. "Shall you teach me how to make the cookies?"

You nodded your head. "I have my gran's recipe that she made when I was a kid, I doubt ours will be as good as hers once were, but the recipe cannot lead to anything bad."

You begun to read out ingredients allowing you both to search for what was needed so that you could make a start to the Christmas foods.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.