Maggie Sawyer- Valentine's Day (c)

Although you weren't fond of the capitalism behind Valentine's Day, but you enjoyed the romance of it. You didn't need a day to let the person you love know how special they were to you, but you enjoyed having a day to make sure you could go all out and not let your life get in the way of your love. The only issue was your girlfriend Maggie wasn't a fan of Valentine's Day and didn't want anything to do with it.

It was the first February 14th you would spend with Maggie, and even if she didn't like Valentine's Day you were going to do everything in your power to make sure that Maggie knew how much you loved her. You knew why she hated it, you knew it was a horrible day with a horrible memory attached to it for her, but you wanted to try and replace it with a better memory.

You invited her over to watch a movie, insisting that it wasn't Valentine's based. In the meantime, you had decked out your apartment in anything and everything Valentine's based. Red roses covered every surface, pink and red cushions all over the sofa and heart balloons floating in the air. A bottle of champagne sat on the coffee table with two glasses, whilst you had her favourite dessert, tiramisu, made ready in the fridge for her.

When she knocked on your door, you were nervous, but having left a note for her outside, she opened the door to see the room that had Valentine's Day throw up on it.

"What the fuck is this?" She asked closing the door behind you.

"Maggie, before you shout or get annoyed, hear me out," you smiled softly, hoping she'd give you a shot.

She gestured for you to continue, although you could tell that she was angry through her facial expression.

"I know Elisa ruined Valentine's Day for you, ruined your life even, but you can't let something bad taint something for the rest of your life. Valentine's Day might hold bad memories, but the only way to help is to override them with good. I understand if you hate me for it, but I want to give you the good memories that mean you could be happy again. I would do anything for you Maggie and if you want me to throw all of this cliché junk out of the window, I will, but I thought I'd give this a shot," you smiled warmly.

She stayed silent for a moment, before cracking a smile.

"Only you," she sighed, a grin on her face. "Only you could make me want to spend Valentine's Day celebrating it, and for you I will. Thank you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.