Floyd Lawton- Cell: Part 1 (a)

"Floyd." You checked none of the other guards were within earshot as you slid the slightly rusted cover from the slot that overlooked Floyd's confinement cell.

"What plate of shits on the menu tonight?" His feet dragged along the floor as he made his way painfully slow to the slot. "Let me guess, rat skewers, recycled faecal matter?" He laughed but seeing the conditions the kitchens were in, he probably wouldn't have been too far off.

"Not today." You leant closer into the hole, but that wasn't the first rule you were going to break. "I saw how the other guards have been treating you. I can't do anything to stop it, but I can at least make your life in here a little easier." You checked again before pulling the cold, quarter pounded from your pocket. "Its cold, its been in my coat pocket since I pulled into the car park, but at least its better than the loaf they're giving the rest of the shit heads in here."

He eyed up the sad looking burger, he probably thought it was poisoned or full of glass or something else horrible. He'd been in here for months and this was probably the first kindness he had seen since being dragged in.

"Come on, if you aren't going to eat it at least take it. I'm going to get my ass beat for this, I had to pay off the guy who watches the surveillance cameras good money." He grabbed the burger and like a scared, stray cat took it into the corner. "I got you some fries too, can't have a good burger without some fries." He sunk his teeth into the almost stale bun and grabbed the red and yellow packet from your hands.

"Why you being nice to me?" As if he hadn't eaten properly in the months he'd been here, which he hadn't, you watched the food disappear into his mouth and the packets slide under the door of his cell.

"I know what you've done, Deadshot. I'm not gonna come in and pretend you're some goody goody upstanding member of civilisation. But I know you aren't the worst person in the world anyway, and you definitely don't deserve the shit they've been putting you through in here."

"I don't need you to be bringing my shit, I can look after myself in here. I've looked after myself my whole life, I don't need some wannabe good cop tryna make friends with me. I appreciate the menu change, but I don't want to be the reason your ass get's beat. If your ass gets whooped, I know my ass isn't far due." You picked the wrappers from the floor and stuffed them into your pocket, it wouldn't be long before the shifts would change and Floyd would be due another round of getting his face caved in.

"I can ge-"

"I don't want to hear it." He slammed the panel shut and lay on the floor, ready to do his daily routine of what seemed like never ending exercise.

"I can get you information about your daughter." The panel jolted open.

"Don't fuck with me now."

~*~

Written by Aaron.