Alex Danvers- Girls (c)

You were panicked by the phone call you received from your close friend Alex. She sounded nervous and desperate, asking you to go to her apartment, due to it being an emergency. Emergency wasn't a term you liked, you were scared something bad had happened to her; you didn't know what you would do if something ever happened to Alex, you cared for her more than just as friends. You had liked her, loved her even for quite a while. She didn't know that, she knew you liked girls, you didn't hide that, but you did hide that it was her who you truly loved.

Knocking your fist against the wood of the door, you desperately hoped she would answer the door, although you were more than prepared to knock the door down to make sure she was okay.

Alex opened the door. She didn't seem hurt, although her expression made it seem as though something bad had happened to leave a worried and almost sad look on her face.

"Are you okay?" You asked reaching a hand out to touch her shoulder. "Are you hurt? What happened?"

She gave you a weak smile to reassure you.

"I'm fine, I just need to speak with you, it's... it's important," she said, looking down to her feet, not able to keep eye contact with you.

"Thank heaven. I was so terrified something had happened to you, what do you need to talk about?" You smiled softly, relieved she was okay as you entered her apartment.

"I... please don't hate me for what I am about to tell you," she said softly as the two of you sat down onto the sofa.

You cupped her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Alexandra Danvers, you know you can tell me anything you have on your mind and I will never hate you. You're my best friend," you smiled at her.

She looked up from your hands for a moment before looking at you.

"But that's the problem, I don't want to lose you as a friend," she stated.

"You never will, we'll always be friends," you assured her.

"No... I want to be more," she let out in a pained tone.

"Pardon?"

Did she just say she wanted more with you? You never thought you'd hear Alex say anything like that to you. You cared for her dearly, loved her, but you didn't think she could ever feel the same.

"I like you. I think I'm in love with you. And I am so scared... I have realised so much about myself recently, and I don't know how to understand it," she whispered.

"Hey, hey," you smiled softly. "Calm down Alex... breathe."

She looked you straight in the eyes, tears brimming in them.

"I think I've always known, but... I didn't want to face it... but now I think I know I like girls, and more importantly, I like you specifically."

You smiled at her, moving your hand to cup her cheek.

"I like you too Alex."

"I just don't know if I could tell everyone, but I had to tell you, I couldn't hide from you."

You stroked her cheek with your thumb. "Hey... it's okay. You don't have to tell anyone until you want to."

She gave you a warm smile as she thanked you. With that you leaned in pressing your lips to hers to allow her reassurance that you did love her.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.