Samantha Arias- Date (c)

"Do you want to go out for a drink tonight?" You asked Sam.

She looked up from her desk and gave you an apologetic smile as she shook her head. You'd been in a relationship with Sam for a couple of years, but it was a rare occurrence that she would go out anywhere, not that you minded. You loved her, so you weren't going to make a fuss over not going out as it was simply happiness between the two of you regardless on if you went out of not.

"I'm sorry Y/N," she sighed. "I can't get a babysitter for Ruby and between her and work, I don't get enough time for you or myself. I'm really sorry."

You leaned down and kissed the top of her head. "You're kind of anti-social, you know that?"

"I'm sorry."

"I'm joking," you smiled. "I know you're a mum first, then a businesswoman, then my girlfriend."

She ran her hands through her dark hair, pushing her seat away from her desk that was covered in work that she needed to do.

"You shouldn't have to though. You should have someone who can put you first and doesn't have a child and work to consider before you," she frowned.

You shook your head at her. "No Samantha. I love you for you. I knew that Ruby was your world and so was your work when we first met, I knew they'd always be more important, as they should. And you know that I don't care if we can't go out but maybe we could work something else out?"

"Like what?" She asked.

"I'll grab a bottle of wine and a couple of girly movies for tonight. Once Ruby's in bed we can have a couple of drinks, watch terrible films and just spend time together. That way, you don't need someone to watch Ruby because we'll be there, but it won't interfere with your time with her. You'll also get a well needed break from work; I know you overwork yourself most nights."

Sam smiled up at you, taking your hand in hers, focusing on your fingers as she moved them between hers.

"You're honestly too perfect," she said softly. "I'm really grateful for you sticking around, and putting up with the hell that is my life."

You leaned in to kiss her forehead. "Anytime Sam. You mean the world to me. So what do you say about tonight?"

"It's a date."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.