Dinah Lance- Pack (a)

"I know it's not much, but it's better than sleeping on the streets whilst your place gets fixed." Dinah gave you a short tour of her studio apartment, given that it was technically two rooms, one being the bathroom, it didn't take too long. "Normally I'd sleep on the bed, obviously, but you can have that and I'll take the pull out bed that's in the sofa."

"It might be a while before I can move back in, it is so hard to find a contractor that wont question why the place is full of bullet holes." It was hard, really hard, and crazy expensive too. You would think that in the heart of New York city less repair guys would be bothered about working somewhere just because of a few bullet holes and pieces of shrapnel. "Besides, I think I'm going to swap everything out, I wouldn't put it past those douche's to have torched the place after."

"Don't worry, really. You can stay here for as long as you need to. With everything that's going on I doubt either of us are going to be spending too long here anyway. What do you want to eat? I don't know what I've got in but I can probably put something half decent together."

"I'll get us something, there has to be a good pizza place or something around here?" You flicked your backpack onto the bed, the only belongings you were able to salvage together whilst trying to escape the target that had become you and your house, and now the contents of that bag was everything you had.

"Where's the rest of your stuff?" She asked as she scanned through her cupboards, there wasn't much time to stock up on groceries with everything that was going on.

"This is all I managed to get. Don't worry though, I got everything I need. Enough to survive for a few days anyway."

"If you need some clothes or whatever we look kind of the same size, treat this place as your own. If you need to borrow some clothes before we get a chance to go out shopping, then go for it. Be warned though, I like my clothes a bit on the tighter side, it can take a bit of adjusting to if you aren't used to it." You shared a laugh, Dinah gave up trying to find something edible and asked for some help pulling out the mattress that sat inside the sofa.

"Thanks Dinah, it means a lot. If I knew something like this was going to happen I would have packed some spare stuff."

"It's hopeful thinking but you can't really plan for somebody shooting up your apartment."

~*~

Written by Aaron.