Dinah Lance- Hole (c)

Working as a somewhat vigilante was never what you thought for your future but here you were with your girlfriend Dinah fighting for the good and killing off the bad. The two of you ended up in the rundown end of town in one of the old warehouses that hadn't been used in close to a century for anything but crime. You had managed to take out nearly everyone but when you got down to the last couple of guys, you ended up knocked down an old lift shaft that no longer had a functioning lift in it.

You landed with a thud and heard Dinah swear from above you before her screaming and likely killing the last few people that led to you being stuck in a glorified hole. From a couple of stories above you, you saw Dinah peer down at you.

"Are you okay?" She shouted down to you.

You grunted, most of your body hurting but seen as you were able to stand up, you were in a good enough state to try and get yourself out of it.

"There is no way out," you shouted. "What am I meant to do?"

She looked around her and around the hole you were trapped in. Dinah moved to her knees, ready to stand up but you screamed her name, getting her attention again.

"Please don't leave me," you cried. "Promise me you won't fucking leave me down here Dinah."

"I promise you," she assured. "But I need to find something to help you climb out."

She disappeared from your view. You screamed her name again, frantically looking around you for an escape but there wasn't anything. It felt like a lifetime that you were trapped there alone. Tears rolled down your face as you felt your breathing race and your heart pound, fearful that this was now you future, that you'd die in a whole to be likely lost when it got knocked down.

Dinah reappeared, her head popping into view.

"You promised you wouldn't leave, dammit," you yelled at her.

"I'm sorry," she called back. "I needed to find something for you to climb up."

You watched her tie a loop into the end of a thick rope before she let it fall down to you, hanging down the wall to meet you at the bottom.

"It's tied to one of the building supports," she stated. "Hopefully high school rope climbing will finally come in handy."

You shot her an unimpressed look, but you doubted she could see it in the dark abyss that you had landed yourself in. Reluctantly you grabbed hold of the rope and begun to climb it, trying to ignore the horrible rope burns your hands were receiving, just clinging onto the hope of seeing the top.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.