Helena Bertinelli- Mistletoe (a)

"You really went all out, huh?" Helena smiled as he strolled around your apartment, hands tucked cosily into the fur lined pockets of her jacket and her feet nestled into the snowflake adorned slippers that took the place of her rugged boots. "There really was no need to do all of this just for me."

"Want cream and sprinkles on your hot chocolate?" You asked as your spoon swirled the silky contents of the festive mugs, Helena nodded excitedly. "I wish I could say all this was just a big romantic gesture for you but I do this every year."

"You must really love Christmas." Helena happily accepted the warm mug into her hands and planted herself on the cushion filled sofa. "We never did anything like this when I was a kid. The mafia doesn't really tend to go too deep into the festive spirit. Don't tend to come across too many Christmas trees and carol singers." She brought the mug to her lips, let the deep aromas of the spiced concoction infiltrate her nose before taking a small dollop of sprinkle laden cream from the top.

"Now you're with me, this is the kind of Christmas you can expect. I've had these decorations up since the beginning of November, I just can't get enough of it. New York in the snow, grouchy mall Santa, all the lights everywhere. Honestly, the thought of Christmas is pretty much the only thing that keeps me going throughout the rest of the year. What do you think so far?" Helena flicked through your moderately extensive collection of festive DVDs. "Sorry about all those, I have too many of those and I refuse to wait until December to watch Elf."

"Hot chocolate and getting to spend some extra time with you, I'm beginning to like this whole Christmas thing. Don't worry about it, I've never seen a Christmas film before."

"There are plenty there to choose from, my recommendations would be Elf, Home Alone and Shrek."

"Shrek?!" Helena asked, shocked.

"Yeah... don't think about it too much everybody else tries not to but for some reason Shrek is played just about every single damn Christmas-" You cut your explanation of the weird Christmas tradition of the green ogre short and stared surprised at the ceiling.

"What?!" Helena asked, ready to defend.

"Oh, how convenient." You smirked and pointed to the ceiling. "Some mistletoe."

~*~

Written by Aaron.