Kara Danvers- Distraction (c)

Arguably Cadmus had ruined your life. You had been a DEO Agent on your way to the top, good friends in your life, working on getting your first mortgage and a cat who you considered your child. Everything was on the up and up until you ended up in a lab being experimented on with no hope of ever getting free. You weren't sure if they had purposefully let you escape or there was just a flaw in their system but finally after who knew how long, you had ended up free and, on your way back home.

Once you were back in the DEO all you could think of was everything you had missed. They assured you that if you were deemed not a fret, you would be reinstated as an agent with Agent Danvers and Supergirl as the two of watch over you and take care of you in your recovery. You had known Alex and Kara before everything went down hill and were glad to be back with friends. Alex told you of your mortgage being nulled due to your disappearance and the flat you had been renting no longer in your name. She explained that her and Kara had tried to save as much of your stuff as they could but due to limited space and time it wasn't possible to save everything. One thing they managed to save was Hazel your cat and had taken her in as their own.

You weren't allowed to see her although Kara brought you pictures when she came to train your newfound powers. From the experiments you had become telekinetic and telepathic. Her and Alex knew you weren't a danger, at least intentionally, but if you didn't know how to use your powers you could very easily hurt someone without meaning to.

Practically everyday you were taken to train with Kara. The two of you were alone in the training room, doing the usual. You were sat at a table, with her stood before you, a variety of objects on the table that you were meant to try and move without touching them,

You had been able to move a paperclip and a feather across the table, even getting a pen to jiggle a little but you had become more distracted with every session. You'd always spent more time with Alex before Cadmus; you'd never quite released how amazing Kara was or have the opportunity to see your feelings for her. How were you meant to focus on moving objects, when the woman you loved was stood before you?

"Y/N," Kara exclaimed, placing her hands on the table, forcing you to look her in the eyes.

"Yeah," you said softly, slightly dazed.

"What's gotten into you?" She asked. "You were doing so well; now you seem to have become distracted."

"I'm sorry."

She cocked an eyebrow at you, pulling up a chair to the table, sitting opposite you. Kara gave you a soft and friendly expression as she leaned across to let her hand touch yours.

"What's on your mind?"

I hope she's thinking about me. No. She's not thinking about me. That'd be stupid.

"That's not stupid," you smiled but quickly froze.

You couldn't control when you read someone's mind. You didn't want to do it as it was violating their privacy but sometimes you just floated into someone's head, like you had just done to Kara.

"You read my thoughts?" She asked. "What did you hear?"

You gave her an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry Kara, I didn't mean to. I can't control it. I didn't mean to hear you thinking about me thinking about you. Which isn't stupid because I was."

"What?" She asked, making you realise that you had rambled a little too much.

"I'm sorry."

Kara didn't seem annoyed as you thought she would. Instead she smiled.

"You were thinking about me?" She asked with a coy smile.

"Um... yeah," you nodded. "It's hard not to."

"Why?"

"Well you're you," you laughed awkwardly. "You're gorgeous and nice and perfect. I just wish you could possibly see me as anything like that."

"But I do."

Your heart felt as though it jumped out of your throat as she gave your hand a reassuring squeeze, raising it to her mouth for her to press her lips to the back of it.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by