Joker- I Love You (c)

You knew what he did was wrong, but love overpowered it all. You knew that if you met him after he had built the Joker persona and began to lose all sense of reality you would never have stayed with him, but you knew him before. Insanity overruled him now, and you were certain it had affected you too. You were able to justify his actions and love him, and no 100% sane person would.

Just moments like this made up for the evil he did in your eyes. He had moments when he was your husband again rather than a psychotic murderer running riot in Gotham.

You were both sat in your 'living room'. Calling it a living room made it seem more homely but it was a simple room, which had the look of a hospital room, if you ignored the lack of the smell that you had in a hospital and the increased amount of dirt and grime.

Even though he seemed uncomfortable with the close contact, he still stayed where he was and accepted the position you two were in. He was sat rigid on the tattered sofa, whilst you cuddled up into his side with your head resting on his chest. Even though he sat unusually stiff in his seat he still draped an arm around you in a protective grip, keeping you close to his side.

"I love you," you whispered.

Your words were barely audible to yourself but you knew he had heard you as he sat up straighter in his seat. You had said those three words more than once, but he had never said it back. You didn't mind though, he had a way of showing his affection in other ways and said many romantic and affectionate terms rather than those words.

It threw you off guard when he spoke. You never got a response really when you said, it sometimes he's say something caring but not often. His words rang in your ears like a fantasy, and it made your heart clench with joy and love.

"I love you too Y/N."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.