Alex Danvers- Road Rage (c)

"The light changed arsehole," Alex screamed, letting one of her arms fly out of the window so that the car in front of her could clearly see her middle finger directed at them.

"Is everything okay Alex?" You asked.

Sometimes Alex could be a little high strung and jump to anger before she had truly thought things through but even this level of road rage was unlike her. The light had barely changed from red when the window was being rolled down ready for her onslaught. The car in front jolted to life, pulling away from the traffic lights, the driver peering through their rear-view mirror to see the crazy person who had started to shout at them. They had barely been able to pull away when Alex slammed her hand down onto the middle of her steering wheel, allowing a loud screech to emit out across the street.

"If this bastard would drive, everything would be peachy," she shouted.

The car in front quickly made a turn that you assumed they didn't need but just wanted to get away from Alex, but even that didn't calm her down.

"What a prick!" She shouted. "They shouldn't let people on the road like that."

"Alex, what's wrong?" You asked. "You never usually get this angry over other drivers unless they majorly screw up."

She let out a sigh, but rather than it seeming like it brought her a form of relaxation, it seemed to be another rather loud outlet for her anger.

"Nothing is wrong," she huffed.

"Don't bullshit me Alex," you stated. "Something is very clearly wrong, so either tell me now or I will make you pull over this car and force you to tell me."

Another sigh escaped her. You knew that she was under a lot of stress with everything happening in the DEO and with trying to keep life running as smoothly as possible for Ruby whilst she was staying with her. It didn't surprise you that she had kept it all bottled up and now it was exploding out at a poor driver who hadn't done anything wrong.

"I'm terrified that Ruby is going to end up an orphan and it'll all be my fault," she frowned. "She's such a good kid and she deserves so much better. I just feel so goddamn useless not being able to save Sam."

You gave her a sympathetic smile, moving your hand to gently touch her leg.

"It's going to be okay Alex. Everyone is out of their element currently, but we will figure it out, I promise," you smiled softly.

"I hope so," she sighed. "I really hope so."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.