Kara Danvers- Role Model (c)

"She's such a perfect role model for women. She lets girls and women everywhere know they have a chance to be anything they want to be," you smiled, not caring that the smile made you look crazy as you were talking on the phone.

"You really think so?" Kara asked through the mobile.

You opened the door of the bank, going into the queue to speak with one of the tellers.

"Of course, she's probably one of my biggest role models to be a better person. She may not be human, but she still allows us humans to see we can do a lot more than we think. She must of thought she'd not amount to much on Krypton but look at her now, she's an admiration to all," you sighed. "I wish that I could meet her."

"Maybe one day," she said.

Kara had been your best friend for years, the two of you met as interns at CatCo and you hit it off right away. Ever since you'd been inseparable, constantly laughing and chatting.

You moved up the queue, realising the wait would be longer than you hoped. Before you could say anything, a loud bang went off forcing you and everyone into panic looking around. By the doors were three masked people all in black.

"What's going on?" Kara asked down the phone.

"Everyone down!" The men shouted, shooting into the ceiling.

"Send help. Armed robbery at the bank downtown," you said panicked down the phone.

You dropped your phone as you dropped yourself down to the floor, not wanting to get hurt. The armed men kept you all under control. You didn't know how you'd survive this, but you stayed amongst the other hostages, doing everything you were told. As you kept your head down, you heard a load smash. Looking up you saw Supergirl in all of her glory.

Most of what followed was a blur but within moments all of the bad guys were unconscious, and she was the only one left standing. Police rushed in to detain the criminals and also assist the hostages. Supergirl made her way straight to you, offering you her hand to help you up to your feet.

"Are you okay Y/N/N?" She asked.

You cocked your eyebrow at her. Only Kara ever called you that nickname, she was the one that had come up with it. It felt like it hit you like a tonne of bricks. Granted Kara wore glasses and always had her hair up, but you felt like an idiot for not realising they were the same person.

"Kara?" You whispered. If you were right, which you were sure you were, you didn't want to out her to everyone.

"Hi Y/N," she smiled softly. "I guess I'm your role model."

You couldn't contain the squeal that escaped your lips and you jumped on the spot. Your best friend was Supergirl.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by