Diana Prince- Moonlight (a)

"Makes a nice change." You pulled Diana towards you as you both looked out over the tranquil lake which sat completely still except for the dancing moonlight skimming across the surface.

"For once there's a quiet night around here. Can't remember the last time we could just spend some time together away from the rest of the world." She lifted her legs onto the empty space at the end of the bench, it wasn't like anybody was going to fight her for the seat at three in the morning.

"Do you think we'll stay out here long enough to watch the sunrise?" You curled your finger around her hair, taking full advantage of the time that you were able to spend together.

"I can't remember the last time I saw the sunrise."

"You're normally too busy stopping some bank robbery or saving the mayor from falling to his death." She slowly leant over and grabbed your hand, bringing over to her cheek and kissing it gently.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, those criminals and super villains can be so rude attacking the city at such unsociable hours." You couldn't hear her, but you could feel her laughter, which slowly came to an end.

"Do you ever regret starting a life with Wonder Woman?"

She swung her legs around and brought her soft hands up to your cheek, turning your head so that you couldn't help but look her in the eyes.

"I didn't. I fell in love with Diana, Wonder Woman is a part of that package and it may have taken a bit of adjusting to, but it doesn't make me love you any less."

"How can you be sure though? You always tell me about how tired you are and I know you always stay up to make sure that I'm okay when I get in." She had such a painful guilt in her eyes, you knew that wasn't her only concern.

"You do such an amazing job looking after each and every citizen, not just here but all over the world. Somebody needs to do that for you."

"I don't need somebody to look after me y/n." She smiled and ran her hands down your cheek.

"Nobody thinks they need somebody looking after them until it's too late. Superhuman abilities don't make you immune to everything in this world. I can't watch over the city, but I can do everything I can to make sure you're not hurt."

~*~

Written by Aaron.