Helena Bertinelli- Miss You (c)

Havin a vigilante as a girlfriend had its pro's and con's. She would always be able to protect you and keep you safe, but she did go out of town quite often with her team to work, so you could go quite a while without seeing her. That was one of those times. Helena had gone a couple of hours away with Dinah and Renee to kill a guy that was causing constant mayhem in the city that he lived and needed to be taken out for the good the community.

Seen as he had men people on his payroll, they expected to be gone for a few days, but it had been a week and you hadn't seen her although she tried her best to phone you as often as she could. It felt weird having not seen her for over a week, but you waited patiently for her to phone you whenever she could.

As she did most days, whilst you were sat eating breakfast, Helena phoned you to just check in with you. You worried terribly about her and without your daily phone call, you did worry that she had ended up hurt or worse whilst working.

"Good morning," she said softly, trying to sound happy and chipper but you knew she had been up all night and it was just about to become her time for sleep.

"Morning, Helena," you responded, unable to fight the smile that was curling onto your lips. "How's it going?"

Helena paused. "It's taking us longer than we first anticipated but we're getting there."

You didn't like the sound of that. From what she had told you, it seemed that this was one of their hardest missions to work on but that meant that no one really knew how long it was going to take. You missed her dearly and wished that she would just come home to you so that you knew that she was safe and well.

"When do you think you'll be home?" You asked, trying to not let your concern come out in your voice.

"I don't know," she sighed. "It could be another day, or it could be another week, it really just depends on how it is working out."

"But I miss you," you croaked, tears brimming in your eyes.

"I miss you too," she assured you. "I'm sorry that this is taking so long but I promise I will make this up to you when I'm home. I love you."

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.