Kara Danvers- Dough (c)

You had many talents but one of them wasn't baking. Baking was something that you enjoyed doing, especially with your girlfriend Kara but you were far from good at it. Usually Kara was watching closely to everything that you did to make sure that you weren't screwing things up too bad, however today she couldn't watch you like a hawk. You were meant to be making cookies but realised there weren't any chocolate chips left. Kara decided to head out to the store to get some whilst she left you with strict instructions on how to make the dough perfectly. She assured you that she trusted you, but you didn't believe that she thought that you could do it.

You did everything as Kara told you and you felt rather confident with the dough that you had made, that was until she walked through the door. She made her way straight over to look at what you had done. She poked a finger into the dough to feel the texture, but it wasn't as she expected it. The dough clung to Kara's finger, leaving a large chunk stuck to it. It took a lot of effort to try and remove the dough, leaving her to just wash her hand and scrub the dough from it.

She shot you a look. "When I said the dough was supposed to be sticky... I never meant you adding a superglue to it."

You frowned at her. You thought that it had been pretty good and turned out far better than the cookie dough you made last time that you were left alone. The instructions that Kara had left made you pretty confident, there was no way you could have screwed it up, yet here you were with a dough that was completely unusable.

"I did everything that you told me to do," you frowned. "Where did I screw up?"

She looked at the dough, trying to figure out what was going on with it, but it was unlike any dough she had ever seen before.

"Honestly, I have no idea," she admitted. "But I think I might be able to recover it, as long as it doesn't taste completely revolting."

Sticking her finger in again, she tasted it before quickly spitting it in the sink. She tried to give you a reassuring smile but seen as it was in her mouth for less than a second, you knew it was terrible.

"Luckily we have enough ingredients to do it again," she smiled.

"I'm sorry," you sighed.

Kara leaned in to kiss you softly. "It's okay, we can do it better this time."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.