Selina Kyle- Father (h)

You knew that anyone else would have dreaded living with someone like her. She was a criminal through and through, but she didn't do things for the wrong reasons and you knew that.

However, since she had moved away with him and the two of them had invited you to go with them, things had gotten better.

Florence was a beautiful place, you had found yourself wondering why you'd never been sooner but then you realised that it was never a plausible idea before – the funds just weren't there, and you couldn't ever afford to leave.

Bruce had just gone out for a run, you had no idea as to why, but for some reason that guy liked to still do a whole load of exercise and he actually enjoyed it – weird.

You were sat out on the balcony of your room, reading and admiring the view.

Bruce had bought a house – more mansion - out in Florence, and he had been nice enough to allow you to live with him and Selina, although Selina did have quite a bit of say in that and you weren't allowed to say no.

The sliding door to your balcony opened, and you turned around to see your best friend coming out, shutting the door behind her.

Selina sat down in the other chair that was next to you, "Hey Sel" you greeted, putting your bookmark in your book to mark the page, "What brings you out here? I thought you might have gone with Bruce" you asked.

She shook her head, and curled up in the chair, "Oh no, he runs way too early in the morning" she dismissed that with a slight laugh.

"Is everything okay Sel? Usually you would go out with him" you quizzed, starting to become a little worried as she would usually go for a run with Bruce, or for a run of her own whereas you preferred to stay inside for a while.

She sighed, and shook her head again, "I'm pregnant Y/N/N" she stated with hesitation laced in her voice.

You smiled at her, "That's great Sel, you and Bruce will be great parents and I don't mind moving out so you can have more space" you congratulated her, and then said your peace.

Selina looked shocked at what you were suggesting, "Oh god no, I don't want you to move out Y/N, in fact I would love it if you could stay and just be an extra pair of hands" she told you, reaching to grasp your hand gently, "It's just, I haven't told Bruce yet and I don't know how he'll react – we have good lives right now, but we have never even mentioned a family" she confessed her worries to you.

You squeezed her hand in reassurance "Sel, Bruce loves you so much and I know he will be unbelievably happy when you tell him" you reassured her, "And as for me, I will be the best Aunt that kid will ever have" you joked which caused your best friend to laugh.

The two of you heard the big front door shut downstairs, so you stood up and offered Selina your hand "What are you doing?" she asked in confused, but took your hand anyway.

"You are going to tell your boyfriend that he's going to be a Dad" you explained to her, and you heard a gasp from the door before a glass clattered to the floor.

Both you and Selina turned to the sliding door, and saw Bruce standing there, "I'm going to be a what?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.