Laurel Lance- Party (c)

You weren't one to go to many parties but you had been away from Starling City for over a year and with your close friend Oliver having thrown the party, you agreed to go to catch up with people you hadn't seen with a while. Instead of socialising though you were awkwardly stood in the corner with a drink in your hand as you waited for the noise to settle down even though you knew it definitely wouldn't.

Oliver gave you a quick hello before hurrying off to talk to someone else, leaving you alone, not recognising anyone until you noticed someone stood across the room. Laurel Lance had been one of your closest friends before you left town and you had always felt bad for losing contact when you left. There was more of a friendship though. You got along well the whole time that you knew each other and had even been on a couple of dates with her but as you had to leave for work, nothing more came of it.

As you noticed her, her eyes caught yours and Laurel offered you a gentle smile. You noticed a glint her eye, not having expected to see you back in town, and glad to have you back there. She raised a hand for a gentle wave before looking around and pointing off to the side. You looked over to where she was pointing to see the door out to the back of the house. Laurel cocked an eyebrow at you as though questioning you over the matter and you nodded your head agreeing. The two of you made your way through the crowds until you broke free into the cold air of the gardens. You took a deep breath, glad to not be amongst all of the people any longer.

"I didn't know you were back in Starling City," Laurel smiled softly.

"I got back a couple of days ago," you said leaning your back against the wall of the house. "Oliver turned up at my door about an hour after I got home. I don't know how he knew but he invited me here. I was going to pop over to yours tomorrow to say hi."

"You definitely still should."

Both of you let out a soft laugh before silence fell between you as you looked into each other's eyes.

"I missed you," she whispered, her words almost being lost in the noise of the party.

"As have I."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.