Dinah Lance- Singing (c)

When you had first heard Dinah's voice, you fell in love with the mellifluous sound and once you met the woman you knew that your heart was forever lost to her. You didn't know how anyone that heard her sing could think she was perfect to sing in a small bar for a criminal's parties but that was her career now, no matter how little the two of you like the fact. When she came home to tell you that Sionis had changed her job to be his driver, you could hear the fear in her voice but you knew that was no good for her to hold onto; instead you needed to distract her.

The two of you sat together on the sofa, Dinah loosely hanging her arms by her knees, not having the energy to cope with daily life after the hell of knowing what she would be doing from now on,

"Did you always want to be a singer?" You questioned.

She peered up at you, having previously been intently looking at her feet.

"I guess," she shrugged. "It's something I've always loved."

"If you could do anything with your singing would you want to stick with singing in bars or try to join a studio or even go on Broadway?" You asked, becoming increasingly excited at the variety of things that Dinah could pursue if she wanted to.

A gentle smile curled onto her lips as she shook her head at you, trying to hide her face in her hair.

"Nah! I'd never be good enough for anything like Broadway. It'd be nice thought," she shrugged.

You wrapped your arms around her, pressing your lips to her cheek. "You'd be perfect to perform on stage. You already entice everyone who watches you, no one can stop listening to you when you sing."

"Maybe if I ever get out of working for Sionis but I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon," she sighed, her expression dropping once again.

You tried to offer her a reassuring smile but decided you needed to keep her talking about anything but her boss in the hopes of seeing her smile once again.

"What's your wildest dream?" You asked. "What would you want to happen if you could do anything?"

She paused before a hopeful smile shone from her. "I just want to be happy. I love singing even if it's just there. As long as I have you and my voice, I don't really see things going too bad."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.