Harley Quinn- Bricks (a)

Into little less than a scattering of pieces and a cloud of red dust the brick crashed against the wall only a few inches from your head.

"Pay your bill you douchebag, I've got more where that came from!" Harley stood across from you, another fresh brick prepped in her hand and ready to launch.

"No kidding, who would have thought that in a construction site, you'd be able to find a brick. You really are as smart as they say!"

"You think this is fucking funny?!" She took a step forward and propelled the brick from her hand, it would have collided with your skull had you not stepped to the side. "The next one isn't missing. Give me the cash or I swear to god!" She grabbed yet another brick and lined it up with your head. "The only reason I haven't killed you yet is because I was going to ask if you could refer me to your friends, although I don't really see that happening now."

"You can take the cash out of my cold, dead hands. I told you not to kill the bounty, we needed him alive. I don't fucking see him anywhere though." Harley rolled her eyes and pulled a small, colourfully tabbed notebook from her back pocket which she proceeded to flip through.

"No, no, no. Ah!" She pressed firmly into the book and scanned through the paragraphs of unreadable scribbles. "Nobody but the target is to be hurt, one hundred thousand for the troubles and... target only worth the money if brought in alive. Shit. Well can you not at least give me something, I spent four days tracking down that douchebag."

"No! You get paid for bringing him here alive. He isn't worth shit to us dead." You made sure the sturdy briefcase was stuck stubbornly to your wrist by way of the handcuffs your boss had provided. "And no, I don't think I'll be referring you to any of my associates."

"What was that other part... the thing you said a few minutes ago?" She let the brick crack against the concrete floor and menacingly put one foot in front of the other until she was not very far from you at all.

"That he isn't worth shit to us dead?" You tried to press yourself against the wall but there was only so flat you could make yourself.

"No, just a little bit before that." She leant forward until you could almost feel the breath as she spoke. "The part about cold, dead hands."

~*~

Written by Aaron.