Helena Bertinelli- Vigilante (c)

Generally you didn't pay any attention to what Harley recommended, after she led to a terrible haircut a few years ago that took you too long to make look nice again, you decided it was for the best to keep anything she said at arm's length. For once however, you felt like something she suggested could be viable and helpful to you.

You couldn't put your finger on your accurate job title but the closest you could say was that you were a vigilante, having met Harley through your work. She knew another vigilante in the city, someone who you had known at the crossbow killer but had since learnt that she preferred to be called the Huntress. Harley suggested that the two of you meet, having said she thought you'd like each other and would work well together so you agreed to go for coffee with this woman and maybe you could work together.

Harley arranged for you to meet in a coffee shop during the day, to disconnect the two of you from your night-time activities that you both worked in. When you walked through the door, you saw a tall brunette woman in dark clothing sat in the corner, nervously looking around. Her behaviour didn't fit that of a vigilante, but she fit match the description that Harley had given you.

As you approached her, she rose from her seat, offering you a nervous smile.

"You must be Y/N," she said, clearing her throat. "I'm Helena."

"It's nice to meet you," you smiled. "Harley didn't mention how beautiful you were."

Helena's eyes widened as she let out a shocked laugh, clearly not having expected your flattering words. You weren't lying to her. You did find her beautiful, but you struggled to see her as a cold-hearted killer, her demeanour far sweeter and more anxious than stoic and serious as you had suspected she would be.

"Oh... um... thank you," she said as though she wasn't certain how to take a compliment. "You're stunning."

You let out a chuckle, trying to feign confidence in yourself. "Thank you."

You joined her at the table, sitting down with the coffees that she'd already ordered for the two of you at Harley's recommendation of what you liked.

"I knew of your work before Harley told me about you and I must say I'm impressed with your talent," you smiled.

"I've followed your stuff for a while," she gleamed. "When Harley said she knew you, I was apprehensive about agreeing to work with you, but I've admired your style and it's an opportunity I can't turn down."

A warm smile curled onto your lips. "I think we will make a marvellous team."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.