Laurel Lance- Nightmare (c)

Nightmares had become unpleasantly familiar, haunting every moment that you kept your eyes closed at night. You had tried to hide them from the woman you loved but as you jolted awake in bed, you had brought Laurel out of her slumber too.

At first you were locked in your panic, trying to differentiate between the nightmare and reality. You didn't know what was real and what was the cruel fiction of your mind, the twisted tales you told yourself whilst sleeping to form your constant tired state that you seemed to be in currently.

"Y/N, it's okay," you heard the gentle voice of the woman whom you loved.

Your breathing was still uncontrolled and a layer of sweat coated your skin. You tried to disconnect your terror from the room you were in now, but it was harder than it seemed. It wasn't until Laurel wrapped an arm around you and pressed her lips to your cheek, not caring about your shaken and slightly gross state, that you were able to snap out of the remnants of the nightmare and fall back into the blissful reality you lived.

Even in the darkness, you could see the beauty of Laurel's face as she held a tired but loving expression. She was confused from being suddenly awoken, but she knew that she needed to take care of you first and foremost. Maybe that was what originally drew you to her, her need to care and protect others but there wasn't anything about the woman that you didn't love. She was everything you wanted and currently she was all you needed to comfort you.

"Did you have a nightmare?" She asked, pushing your hair from your face, so that she could trail her hand across your cheek.

You nodded your head, your voice too hoarse to say anything coherently but also too shaken up to say anything without sobbing.

"It's going to be okay," she assured you, holding you tight, bringing our head down to rest on her shoulder as she led the two of you back to lying down.

She softly cooed to you, calmly telling you how much she loved you and making sure you knew that fact. After a few minutes and having controlled your breathing, you were able to appreciate the woman beside you fully.

"I love you Laurel," you whispered, cuddling closer to her.

"I love you too."

With that the two of you fell back asleep, still holding onto each other.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.