Alex Danvers- Push Your Limits (c)

Being a DEO agent wasn't a walk in the park, a better comparison would be a high endurance run through a marsh filled with evil fiends whilst also being on fire. It was one of the hardest things you'd done in your life and it didn't get any easier when you had to train. Training was sometimes enjoyable but when your girlfriend was in charge of your training routine it became incredibly stressful. You'd think that your girlfriend wouldn't make you want to rip her throat out during a simple training session but Alex couldn't care less if you were her girlfriend, she was just going to ride your arse until you were slumped on the floor as she would with any other agent.

Currently she had you running on a treadmill that was set faster and at a higher elevation than you were comfortable with, leading to your body covered in a layer of sweat and you pushing every element of your being to fight the urge to let yourself fly backwards off the machine.

"Alex," you whined, your legs hurting more than they had ever before as they moved faster than you deemed possible.

"Run woman, run!" She shouted slamming her hand down onto the front of the treadmill in an attempt to encourage you to keep going.

You didn't take your job lightly and you knew you had to put in the work to be an agent, but Alex did tend to take that too far.

"Alex!" You shouted, rather scared that you were going to do yourself some damage.

"Keep going," she responded equally as loud and demanding.

You did as you were told, not wanting to disappoint her. Alex would never put you in danger, so if she thought you could do more, you almost certainly could, it was just your self-doubt that got in the way.

Fighting the urge to give up you kept going until Alex started to do a countdown. By the time she reached one she had a grin on her face as she begun to lower the treadmill and slow it down until it was able to stop.

"You did great," she grinned, offering you her hand to help get you off of the treadmill.

Your legs wobbled under you as you returned to stationary ground and Alex enveloped you in a tight hug, ignoring how sweaty you were.

"I think my legs have turned into jelly," you croaked, grabbing your water bottle, attempting to take in as much of the clear liquid as your body would allow.

"You'll get used to it. You just need to push yourself," she stated.

You shot her a glare. "Alex if I pushed myself anymore, I'd beat the Flash in a race."

She rolled her eyes at you before giving your shoulder an encouraging slap and telling you of what you would be doing after a slight break.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request