Harley Quinn- Arkham Asylum (c)

Having a job at Arkham Asylum wasn't how you thought your life would go. You had become one of the best in your field but being a therapist for the criminally insane did take its toll. You saw some of the worst in humanity, delved into the brains of people who had committed the worst atrocities to humanity that could have ever occurred. Desperately, you wanted to help these people but some of them were just too far gone, they weren't just criminals, they had become full blown villains that tortured Gotham with the darkest things imaginable.

Luckily you weren't alone. You had become close friends with your colleague Harleen, and you were glad that you could share the experiences.

Currently, the two of you were on your lunch break, having both just finished with one patient and needing a moment to clear your head from all of the sick things you had heard them say. The two of you were sat together, having your lunch and chatting.

"How'd your session go?" You asked.

Harleen had been working with a man whose true identity was unknown. No one knew his name but instead he wished to be referred to as the Joker. He had done far worse than most of the people in the asylum, having a very high body count and especially enjoying in torturing his victims, either physically or psychologically.

"It's going pretty well. He is such a sweetie," she smiled fondly.

You cocked an eyebrow at her. He was a very sick man and you doubted he had ever felt any form of positive emotion unless he was causing others pain.

"What're you talking about?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "He is just sweet, honestly if I could get him out of here, I'd probably marry him. He treats me like a princess. It just sucks he's stuck in that cell."

You weren't sure if your brain was making up her words or if you did truly hear her saying such peculiar things.

"You've got to be joking me Harleen, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that you loved this guy," you frowned.

Harleen's cheeks began to become rosy as she thought about him.

"I've never felt this way about anyone before," she smiled, lost in her thoughts.

"This goes against so many ethical codes, you're his therapist. And that isn't even getting onto the fact that he is a complete sociopath and clearly isn't a good guy."

She shook her head; a firm look curling onto her face.

"Don't talk about him like that," she stated. "You just don't understand."

You let out a sigh, seeing that she wasn't going to see any sense in the matter. Although you didn't want him to hurt her, you were going to leave it for now but if things got worse, you were going to have to go to someone about it.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by