Alex Danvers- Anger (c)

Pain. That's all you could feel, it was intense and without instantly knowing why you hurt so badly, you became fearful. Your eyes fought open to see the DEO medical room, you currently lying on one of the beds, the others in the room being clear of patients. No nurse or doctor was in the room with you, but the monitors beeped rhythmically to indicate you were fine. In the corner you saw the dark hair of the woman you loved, hiding her face as she slumped forward in her seat, snoring quietly.

"Alex," you croaked.

Instantly she snapped her head up, acknowledging that you were awake. An array of emotions flooded her face, love, hope and happiness but also pain, anger, and sorrow. She scrambled from her seat, rushing to your bedside, her eyes darting between your face and the monitor beside you.

"Thank heavens," she smiled warmly, leaning down to kiss your forehead. "I'm so glad that you're okay."

Before she had even finished her sentence, a firm frown hit her face, Alex jumping back away from you.

"How could you be so stupid?" She exclaimed. "You were reckless, and you almost risked your life and mine in the field."

At first you weren't certain what she was talking about but how you ended up on the hospital bed came flooding back to you. You and Alex had been on a simple recon mission, in and out, no hassle. Sadly, things didn't go to plan and you were spotted. One of the guards had gone to shoot Alex but without thinking clearly, you jumped in front of it instead, not wanting her to get hurt. The bullet hit your abdomen and although you stayed conscious until you were found by medics, you had passed out due to bloodless before you got to the DEO.

You loved Alex with all of your heart and although you were in a lot of pain, you wouldn't have changed what you had done.

"Alex he would have shot you in the head, I knew it was unlikely it would be a fatal shot if it hit me, but if I hadn't gotten in the way, you would have been dead," you whispered.

"It was stupid, never risk your life for another agent, especially me. I don't care if we are engaged, but in the field, we are colleagues," she said firmly.

Alex juxtaposed her words by leaning in and angrily pressing her lips to yours in a passionate kiss.

"I am just glad you are okay," she said, this time her tone softer.

"I love you Alex."

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by