Bruce Wayne- Peanut Butter (c)

You weren't an idiot. Well not in this sense. You had known Bruce since you were both in diapers and you guessed you could it be said that you were dating but him being him, meant that nothing was ever official or considered easy.

He seemed to be none the wiser that you knew he was the Bat of Gotham. It wasn't hard to realise if you paid the man half a second of attention and not basing it on the desire to gain his wealth or a moment in his bed. Most nights he would vanish without explanation and you knew why, so tonight you had had enough of him lying and sneaking around.

Staying up late wasn't your idea of fun. So rather than just sit there brooding, you decided to plonk yourself onto the sofa with a jar of peanut butter and a spoon. After several hours of just thinking and eating, Bruce finally walked through the door.

It was clear that he didn't notice you as he attempted to sneak up to your shared room, however you cleared your throat to gain his attention.

"Y/N?"

"Bruce," you stated attempting to imitate his tone.

You switched on the lamp next to you, illuminating the room and revealing the bruised and bloody face of Bruce Wayne.

Rather than saying anything, you rose from your seat and held the spoon of peanut butter out to him, not taking a no for an answer and allowing the food to silence him for a moment.

"That'll shut you up for a minute whilst I clean you up," you frowned.

You were prepared for this, so had laid out the first aid kit on the arm chair for him to return. He went to try and chew the peanut butter so that he could argue, but you gave him a warning look and he sat down on the sofa you gestured to.

Grabbing an antiseptic wipe, you began to gently dab his face, handing him the peanut butter.

"I can't help you unless you stop being a stubborn git, Bruce. I know what... I mean who you are. I want to help you... I really do, but when you are lying to me, I can't do anything and I've had enough. I know that a lot of people consider you a problem for Gotham, but you are trying to be a hero, and that's admirable but you can't do it alone. Even Batman needs help sometimes," you stated trying to get your point across to him.

"How did you know?" He mumbled still with peanut butter in his mouth.

"I'm not an idiot. Either that or your part of an underground fighting ring," you frowned. "But Bruce... I love you... I really do and I hate that you are being a reckless idiot but you are trying to do good and I love you."

He put the spoon back into the jar.

"I love you too Y/N. I didn't want to get you involved. I'm trying to help but it doesn't make me a good person. Being this person means danger for you," he explained sadly.

"Don't be daft. You aren't very threatening eating peanut butter."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.