Roy Harper- Nerves (h)

Some people may have found it strange that after only a few months you were practically living with your boyfriend.

It was what made sense, for you to be basically living at Roy's place, because you were there often enough anyway, and Roy never had the energy after work to travel to your place.

Roy still worked with Oliver, despite Thea breaking up with him, and as far as Thea knew Roy just worked an office job for Oliver.

You knew what he actually did as Roy wasn't going to keep secrets from you – he had only kept it from Thea because Oliver had asked him to do so.

Whilst you were usually worried about Roy at work, you knew he could take care of himself and Felicity knew to call you if anything major happened.

You had replaced Felicity when Felicity became Oliver's secretary, and Oliver had always been more of a friend to you all than a boss.

Roy hadn't been home from work long but the two of you were already cuddled up on the sofa watching some random documentary that had come up.

"You don't have any new bruises, so I take it work went well?"

Roy chuckled at your words. "Felicity patched me up before I came home."

"Oh, I love her," you commented. "I suggested her coming over in a coupe of days for a movie night, is that okay?"

"Sure Baby. What about Oliver?"

You cuddled up to Roy more before you answered him. "I'd guess so, considering him and Felicity are basically dating."

"Don't tell me you're going to play matchmaker," he warned in a joking tone.

"Maybe..."

He chuckled as he pressed a kiss to the top of your head. "You're lucky he likes you so much."

"Oh please, I actually listen to him, unlike you."

"You work in the actual office."

"So?" you questioned out of confusion.

He smirked at you. "You have to listen to him."

You rolled your eyes at him, but before you could say something back there was a knock at the door.

Roy pouted as you got up from the sofa before you went to open the door.

You were surprised to see Thea stood at your front door. "Hi?"

She looked unimpressed at you being stood there. "Hi. Is Roy here?"

You turned to look at the sofa to see Roy standing up and making his way over to you.

He slipped his arm around your waist once he stood next to you.

Unconsciously you leant back into his touch and you noticed Thea's expression change ever so slightly.

"Hi Roy."

"Thea?"

She smiled uncomfortable. "Uh...yeah."

"Why are you here?"

She sighed. "I needed to talk to you."

"I'll just go to our room," you made a move to excuse yourself as you sensed Thea wouldn't want you there for the conversation, but Roy shook his head.

"Baby, it's fine, stay," he kept his arm around your waist so that you stayed by his side.

Thea rolled her eyes. "It's kind of private Roy."

"Either say it in front of my girlfriend or visit me at work."

"So, I can't come to your house?"

Roy sighed out of frustration. "No, not when it is so sudden and at eleven in the evening! Do you know how dangerous the Glade is?"

You nodded in agreement with Roy. "Maybe come back in daylight? It is pretty rough around here."

"And you know that how?" Thea questioned with annoyance in her tone.

You couldn't help but roll your eyes. "You don't need to be a genius to figure it out."

Thea smirked as she crossed her arms. "You work for my brother, right?"

"Yes. I replaced Felicity, Oliver picked me when Felicity said I was her friend and knew what she used to do."

She looked at you with what seemed to be distaste. "You address your boss by his first name? I can get you fired you know."

As soon as she said that, Roy snapped as he pushed you behind him.

"He is our friend Thea, you know that," he stated. "And Oliver wouldn't fire Y/N even if you begged, now please leave."

"I still need to talk to you."

Roy shrugged. "I really don't care, it can wait."

Without giving her a chance to reply, Roy slammed the door in her face and marched back over to the sofa.

You followed him and sat down next to him.

"Are you okay?"

He ran a hand through his hair. "She can't just show up like that, not after cutting me off completely," he explained. "And then when I am finally in a good place with you and with everything else, she turns up claiming to want to talk to me."

You reached out and pulled Roy into your arms, running your hand through his hair repeatedly as you knew that comforted him.

"You know I love you right? She just gets on my nerves."

Smiling, you leant down to kiss the top of his head. "I love you too Roy."

~*~

Written by Hannah.