Winn Schott- Notice (c)

It was an almost impossible life to love someone who didn't even notice you existed. Although you loved your twin sister Kara, it did pain you that you always come second to her. She was always the one people liked more, the one who was better at everything, she was even a superhero now, whilst you were a simple technician at CatCo. Since you worked at CatCo you had always liked Winn, he was a nice person and you admired him, but you were pretty sure he barely knew your name, whilst he was infatuated with Kara. Although it had become hard to compete with Kara for attention or for anyone to notice you, you still loved her, you even lived with her.

You were in your shared apartment, on your own when someone knocked on the door. Using your exceptional Kryptonian vision, you were able to look through the wooden door to see that Winn was stood there. Opening the door, you gave him a warm smile.

"Hi Winn," you smiled, doing your best not to seem like a complete fool.

"Hi Y/N, is Kara home?" He asked.

You shook your head. "No. She went out with James about an hour ago, but she should be back soon. You can come in and wait if you want."

"Oh... no... I wouldn't want to impose," he said.

Still attempting to seem like a sane person you tried to keep a normal and not psychotic smile on your face.

"Nonsense, I was just watching baking shows, I can't even bake. She should be back soon too. It's no bother really."

He pondered it for a moment before agreeing and joining you in the apartment. You turned down the volume of the television, not wanting to be too obnoxious with the show you had been watching and previously getting rather engrossed in.

Winn didn't take a seat straight away, wandering a bit before heading towards the open glass door that lead to the balcony. You stayed in the living room, clearing up some of the snack wrappers to make the place seem presentable.

"It's a nice view," he called back in.

"Yeah... be careful one of the slabs is-" You couldn't even finish your sentence before your heard him scream.

Racing to the balcony, you saw him falling towards the ground. Without thinking, you dove after him, swooping him up in your arms before he could hit the floor. People stared at you, but you quickly took him back to the apartment, not wanting to gather too much attention from people as you didn't have a costume like Kara to attempt to hide your identity.

When you gently lay him on the sofa, you saw that his eyes were closed and not opening. Your hand moved to his neck to feel his pulse which was still at a steady beat. He wasn't dead, but you didn't know if that would change, you certainly hoped that it wouldn't.

You leaned over him giving his shoulders a gentle shake.

"Winn, don't you dare die on me," you hissed. "For fuck sake, I love you Winslow, wake up."

As the words escaped you, you regretted them instantly as Winn's eyes opened. You weren't sure what to say.

Winn reached his hand up to cup your cheek, giving you a weak smile.

"I don't know how I never saw you before," he smiled.

You couldn't help but let out an awkward laugh.

"Kara is the pretty one, the smart one, the nice one, the better one," you sighed. "She's the one people notice."

He shook his head softly. "That's not true. All I needed was for you to save my life for me to be able to notice how amazing you truly are."

With that, he leaned in pressing his lips to yours for a sweet kiss.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.