Rick Flag- Husband (h)

You weren't exactly a fan of what Rick did for a profession – it worried you.

One minute, he would just be training and completely fine but then you would get a call, or even just a text, telling you that your husband was going out on the field to do something that could get his arse killed.

You didn't want that.

You knew Amanda fairly well, and she was somewhat aware of the fact that you didn't want Rick in dangerous situations 24/7. Of course you understood that it was his job, and he was captain of his team, but at the same time you didn't want to lose him.

After a, rather long, chat with Amanda, she had managed to get Rick a couple of weeks off and GQ was going to take over whilst Rick was off.

That left you excited to have some time off with your husband.

You didn't know when he would be getting back though, all you knew was that he was due back some time soon.

A knock on the door interrupted you from your thoughts.

You got up, holding a gun behind your back, as there was no shortage of people who wanted to get to you because of Rick, and walked towards the door.

Your grip on the trigger loosened once you had opened the door and saw who it was "Hey Sweetheart" Rick greeted you, hugging you tightly before entering the house and closing the front door behind him.

Placing the gun back in the waistband of your jeans, you returned his smile.

Rick leaned down to wrap his arms around your waist, and yours went up to rest around his neck, "I am so glad to see you" he told you lovingly, pressing a kiss to your forehead.

You giggled and went on your tip toes to kiss him properly "I thought you weren't going to be back for a while" you commented as the two of you made your way towards the living room – Rick's bags discarded at the front door.

You both sat down, and Rick's arm automatically went around your shoulder to pull you close "I wasn't going to be" he clarified "But Amanda told me to get home to my wife, because she doesn't want me to lose what an amazing girl I have and I need to spend more time with who I married" he explained, amusement laced within his voice.

Rick laughed as he recalled what Amanda had told him, and he even tried to imitate her voice which caused you to burst out in laughter "She has a point though" you said once you had calmed down, still laughing every now and then.

Rick slowly placed his other hand under your chin, and lifted your head up to look at him "Sweetheart, there is no part of me that doesn't love you. I am so incredibly lucky to have a girl like you waiting for me when I get home. You put up with my dumbass every single day, I don't even know why but you do and I will never be able to tell you how thankful I am" he confessed to you, sincerity dripping from every single word he spoke.

You couldn't help but blush at his words "You've got it wrong Flag" you stated in a whisper "It is I who is lucky to have you"

~*~

Written by Hannah.