Dinah Lance- Cigarette (c)

Although you had willingly gone to the Black Mask Club, you had quickly realised there was far too many people moving around and you needed a breath of fresh air. You had barely been there an hour but if you were going to drink yourself into a stupor, you needed to allow your sober mind some freedom from the sweaty masses before you could return to the bar. You took an escape to the alley behind the club where the distant street barely lit the dank alleyway. Only one other person was in the alley, a woman crouched against the wall, holding herself close to fight the cold whilst holding a lit cigarette in one hand.

You felt as though you should follow suit and opened your handbag to find your packet of cigarettes. You weren't a massive fan of the habit but you weren't working too hard to quit, allowing yourself the excuse of maybe at a later date it would be a perfect time to give up one of your most problematic vices. With a little rummaging, you found your packet of cigarettes and popped one between your lips before searching for your lighter. You searched through the contents of your handbag, but you had seemingly misplaced the object you needed.

"Where is it?" You said under your breath, your tone even more hushed due to the cigarette in your mouth.

The woman crouched down looked in your direction. "Do you need a lighter?"

You turned your attention to the woman that you had tried to pay little attention to, not wanting to bother her nor wishing for further conversation with a stranger. You were unable to say anything to her before she stood up and held out her own lighter.

"You can borrow mine."

In leaning closer to take the lighter and set the end of your cigarette alight, you recognised the woman. With the cigarette alight, you took a breath of the smoke before breathing out the rest. You handed back the lighter.

"Thanks," you smiled. "You're the singer in the club, aren't you?"

"Depends why you're asking," she stated, putting her own cigarette to her lips.

You shrugged your shoulders. "I've seen you sing a few times. You're very talented. Your voice is one of the only things that makes this place bearable."

"Thanks," she said, keeping a fairly stoic expression. "You know how to flatter a girl."

"Only a beautiful one."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.