Helena Bertinelli- Save (c)

You had been following the killer with the crossbow for a few weeks. You had kept your distance and tried your best to follow who she killed and where and just make sure that everything was going to be going okay with her. Luckily you had been following her as when you drove past the building you believed she had entered to commit another murder; you noticed a hooded figure limping down the road.

The figure stumbled as they tried to grab their wounded leg but also juggle the crossbow in their hand.

You slowed down your car, leaning across the passenger seat to und the door and swing it open.

"Get in!" You shouted as you saw a couple of men exiting the building, weapons pulled and ready to shoot at the two of you.

She hesitated, turning back to see the armed men but you were pretty sure that you both knew that you were the safer option instead of staying injured in front of men that wanted her dead. The woman dove into the car, pulling the door closed as you sped away from the scene, keeping your head down and hoping it would only be the car that got hit by bullets, instead of the two of you.

"Fuck!" She groaned as she looked through the darkness at her injured leg.

"I'll get you some medical help," you stated. "Not exactly professional but I know first aid and as long as it's nothing too more than a bullet wound, I can sort it."

"I think it's just a bullet wedged in my leg," she said with gritted teeth.

You nodded your head, looking in the mirror to see if you could see the men behind you but you seemed to have lost them.

"Why are you helping me?" She asked as she shifted in her seat, putting the crossbow down into the footwell.

"You probably don't remember me, Helena," you sighed.

She cocked an eyebrow at you. "How do you know my name?"

"I'm Y/F/N Y/S/N, after those bastards killed your family, they killed mine. The accidentally killed the maid's daughter, thinking she was me, so I got away. I was planning to do the same and kill them but then I saw you doing it and have been looking out for you ever since," you shrugged.

Helena offered you a gentle smile through her pain.

"Thank you for saving me."

"Anytime."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.