Kara Danvers- Costume (c)

"It's not exactly a disguise is it?" You said inspecting her outfit.

You knew that your girlfriend Kara was Supergirl and you had done since she started being a hero but frankly her costume seemed rather redundant as her face was clearly visible. All she seemed to do was remove her glasses and put on the family House of El symbol and no one knew who she was. Maybe you were biased. You saw her everyday and had looked at her more than would be deemed normal as she was the woman you loved, so you could tell who she was, but the general public might not.

"No one else seems to recognise me," she shrugged, twirling a little to make her skirt swish as she moved.

She was a superhero and you couldn't deny how much you enjoyed looking at her in the costume but you had met other heroes through your relationship with Kara and all of them seemed to have something to obscure their faces if they weren't able to do it with their powers.

"So, you are fine without a hood or a mask?" You questioned.

She shot you a look of her lack of patience as she had been in this conversation with you before. It certainly wasn't because you didn't want to see her gorgeous face, but you didn't want her to be put in danger due to the world learning of her identity. You knew she enjoyed the anonymity of being Kara Danvers, no one noticed her, and she was just a normal person, but she wouldn't stop being a hero even if people learnt her alias.

"I don't need one," she stated. "Everyone sees Supergirl, she is the hero that everyone either wants to be or needs to believe in for their sanity. No one notices Kara Danvers. I am a no one. My boss sees me everyday and looks at pictures of Supergirl constantly yet couldn't tell that we are one in the same."

"I notice you," you smiled softly, taking her hand in hers.

It made sense for her to separate Kara from Supergirl but when she made it seem as though Kara wasn't as important as the hero within her, that destroyed you. Kara was the one you fell in love with and she was a hero to you even if she wasn't a literal one.

"I know you do," she smiled in return. "And I love you for it."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.