Harley Quinn- Saviour: Part 2 (c)

Harley never wanted to talk much about the breakup. All you knew was that the Joker had changed his mind about her and no longer wanted to keep their relationship going. Unlike any healthy relationship, he kicked her to the curb and left her without anywhere to go, allowing her to just keep begging for him back and try to get back into their once shared home. They had broken up so many times but within a day or so they ended up back together but this time it had been a year since she was kicked out of their home and she hadn't heard anything from him since.

You originally thought that you would have Harley in your home for a couple of nights before she moved out to stay with family or friends, but little did you know that she had neither. You were practically a stranger to her but the closest person in her life now but over the year that she ended up living in your home, you had become far closer than you could have ever imagined.

"Can I talk to you?" Harley asked as she came into your kitchen.

She didn't look much like she did when she was with the Joker. You had to buy her some new clothes and you had done your best to encourage her to be the person she wanted to be and find the happiness that she wanted from life.

"Of course," you smiled warmly, glad to spend time with her as much as you could due to the fondness that you had found with her.

"I just wanted to tell you something that I have been thinking about for a while," she said softly. "It's played on my mind for a while."

You gestured for her to continue.

"You saved me from a life that I never knew was bad. I guess part of me did, but I was so far lost under his spell that I would have never left until he threw me out. I can't thank you enough that you have offered me a new chance to be the person I should have been for so many years," she said with a gentle smile. "I guess I also needed to tell you that I have fallen in love with you in a way I never knew that I could love someone."

You were taken aback. You had fallen in love with her quicker than you were willing to admit to.

"I've wanted to tell you how I felt for so long," you chuckled, almost to yourself. "I just never thought you'd like me as anything more than friends."

"I am just glad that you have offered me a chance to be your equal, which is something I've not had in a relationship in too long."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.