Dinah Lance- Bad Day (c)

When you had a bad mental health day, they were beyond terrible. You struggled with anxiety and depression on a daily basis but some days it was unbearable and functioning even remotely felt impossible. Today, you woke up in bed alone and the weight of the day ahead just hit you, leaving you stuck under the sheets. It felt as though you were drowning in the sorrow and concerns of life, so you decided to let yourself wallow as sometimes that is all you could do.

By midday, your girlfriend Dinah had returned home from her work at the club and found you in your pit of despair.

"What's wrong?" She asked, throwing her jacket onto the chair in the corner and sitting down next to you.

When she had left the previous evening, you had been a relatively good mood which was rare for you, but now you were in a mess that you didn't know how to get yourself back out of.

"You deserve so much better than me," you croaked through your tears.

Dinah cocked her eyebrow at you, resting a hand on your leg through the quilt. She knew about your struggles with mental health and self-worth, but this bad spell was out of the blue after you had been doing relatively well over the last couple of weeks.

"What are you talking about Y/N?" Dinah asked. "What happened whilst I was at work?"

"We shouldn't be together Dinah," you whispered. "I just want you to be happy and I can't see you being happy with me in your life."

She cooed to your softly, forcing you to come closer to her so that she could hold you to her.

"You need to calm down," she assured you, pressing her lips to your messy hair. "It's going to be okay."

You let her comfort you for a moment before you were able to breath normally again without the thoughts in your head rushing around so frantically as they had when Dinah had walked through the door.

"Okay," she said softly, moving your chin so that you could look into her eyes. "Now, what is going on Y/N?"

You took a deep breath. "I just don't feel worth half of you. You're so perfect Dinah, how can I ever feel worthy of your love?"

Dinah shook her head. "You know none of that is true. It might be hard to see now that you are so amazing but just know that what you see about yourself isn't true and that will never get in the way of how much I love you."

"But what if one day you see me in the way that I do?"

"That will never happen."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.