Kara Danvers- Cream Moustache (c)

"Two hot chocolates," the waitress stated, placing the two red mugs onto the table between you and your partner.

"Thank you," you and Kara said in unison as the waitress walked back over to the counter to make someone else's drink order.

Your hand wrapped around your mug enjoying the hot sensation, helping to fight the bitter air that came into the café everything someone opened the door. It was too hot to drink straight away but it was still appreciated to keep your hands warm until you could drink it.

"Which one did you get?" You asked her.

Although the drinks were in the same mugs, hers had a candy can hanging over the rim, cream almost completely engulfing it, whilst yours had cocoa powder coating the mountain of cream.

"I think it was festive mint or something like that," she shrugged. "I think the cute chalk snowman on the board mainly enticed me."

"Far more seasonal than my hazelnut one," you smiled.

Christmas was in a week, and the two of you had been caught up in work at CatCo due to the extra workload due to the festive season that the both of you had been desperate for a moment of escape. With a day off, the two of you went to your local café to have hot chocolate and finally have a moment to enjoy each other's company on the way to Christmas.

Taking the candy cane out of her mug, she lay it in the saucer, not wishing for it to interfere with her drink. She lifted her drink and took a sip, letting out a sigh of happiness from the hot drink she had. As she lowered the mug back down, you couldn't help but laugh which made her cock an eyebrow at you, uncertain of what you found funny.

"What?" She asked.

You grabbed a napkin and leaned across to her. You used the napkin to wipe her upper lip which was coated in a thick white layer of cream.

"You had a cream moustache," you laughed, folding the napkin to put it back onto the table without leaving cream everywhere.

She smiled sheepishly, looking down so her glasses and blond fringe could hide her face. You reached across to her, taking her hand in yours, rubbing gentle circles with your thumb onto the back of her hand.

"You're completely adorable."

Kara looked up through her fringe and over the rim of her glasses, her cheeks having gone red.

"So are you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.