Oliver Queen- Saviour (c)

Smoke filled your lungs as you tried to fight your restraints and free yourself from the fire that was quickly encroaching.

"Help," you screamed, coughing as you inhaled more contaminated air, struggling to get enough oxygen. "Please somebody."

Starling City was far from the safest place in the world, people were murdered and injured more often than most places and with vigilantes running rampant, there was no certainty if that would make things better or worse. Luckily, you had done your best to stay out of the crime side of the city, that didn't mean that the crime wanted to stay away from you. You had been walking to your car when you felt a sharp pain in your back and everything went back. You didn't know how long after you had awoken, but you were in a dark and contained room, masked men with guns telling you that you'd likely never see the light of day even if your family paid your ransom.

Frankly you were terrified, but it got worse when loud bangs came from outside the room, the guards leaving to see what caused the ruckus. No one returned. Instead you heard shouts of fire and saw smoke seep in from around the door.

You continued screaming for help, each yell becoming weaker and weaker as you dropped in your chair, losing energy.

The door slammed open. The familiar green masked hero stood before you. A glimmer of hope through the door shone as he rushed to your aide. He removed your restraints before bundling you up into his arms, rushing back out of the building, you coughed and spluttered over him.

Once you were distanced from the building, he lay you on the floor.

"Thank you," you croaked, taking advantage of the fresh air, allowing yourself to actually breath. "You saved me."

The man pulled off his mask, revealing the very familiar face. Oliver Queen had been your friend since childhood and since you met, you had liked him far more than you should have liked a friend. He wasn't the best person, so you never pursued him but after he went missing, presumed dead, later to return he was far nicer than he had been before. You'd never told him what you thought of him though. He was a lady's man and you wanted him to only have eyes for you and not be a one-night fling. You didn't want to ruin the friendship that you had with him if he didn't feel the same.

"Olly?" You smiled weakly.

Oliver was the one person that you wanted to see now, and you were shocked that he was Starling City's vigilante but nevertheless glad.

"I'm glad you are okay," he said softly. "I was so scared that I wouldn't find you. I didn't know what I would do if I had to live without you."

"What do you mean?" You asked.

He paused.

"I love you Y/N, and I couldn't bear to think that I would never tell you."

A joyous grin appeared on your face as you took in his words.

"It took you long enough Queen," you grinned, sheepishly looping a hand up onto the back of his head to pull him towards you.

He complied, letting his lips press to yours. This day was the best and worst of your life.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by