Helena Bertinelli- Blood (c)

Having a vigilante for a girlfriend wasn't always as fun as it may have seemed, but you loved her dearly and wanted to keep her safe whilst she did what she seemed necessary. Every time she went out, you gave her an extra tight hug and hoped that she would return to you and so far, it worked out pretty well. Helena went out and did what she needed and then she would come home to you and hold you in her arms, promising that soon her goal would be met and she wouldn't need to do such dangerous things anymore.

It could be easy to be blind to the occurrences but when danger came to your door it was a little hard.

You had woken up to a stranger in your home and a knife slicing into your abdomen, having missed his main aim when Helena pushed him to stop a fatal blow. The fight barely lasted a few seconds before he fled from the window and you could see Helena contemplating whether she needed to chase him or check on you.

"Are you okay?" Helena asked, flicking on the lamp.

Blood seeped through the cut in your pyjama shirt, but you were pretty sure there wasn't too much damage and no other injuries.

"I think I'm okay," you said, trying to wrap your head around what had happened, groggy from having been startled awake.

"I need to get that bastard," she said firmly.

You swung your legs out of the bed. "I'm coming with you."

Helena shook her head, pulling a shirt from the draw and pushing onto your cut to try and stop the bleeding. She lent in and pressed her lips to your forehead.

"No, you're staying here... where it's safe," she stated.

Your head was becoming blurred as the blood seeped through the shirt, not supporting your theory that you were okay.

"Helena, I don't feel great," you croaked, laying back into the bed, not feeling well enough to sit up.

Her expression dropped, no longer caring about chasing the assailant, rather wanting to make sure you're okay. "I'll be back in a second Y/N."

You reached out to grasp her hand, too scared to be alone. "Please don't leave me."

"I'm not leaving you," she assured. "I just need to get my phone to call you help."

She rushed from the room to grab her mobile but even in the seconds that she was away, you felt even more lightheaded than you had before, your eyes struggling to stay open any longer. As she entered the bedroom again, she noticed how bad your state had become.

"Helena," you croaked.

Helena cupped your face with one hand and held the phone to her ear with the other hand, demanding assistance to your current address.

"I love you," you whispered.

"You're going to be okay, I promise," she smiled softly, pushing your hair from your sweat laden forehead. "It's going to be okay."

Your eyes began to flutter. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't keep your eyes open and desperately wanted to fall asleep. The last thing you heard was Helena's desperate pleas.

"I'm not losing you, no!"

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.