Maggie Sawyer- Partners (c)

"I'm glad that was wrapped up without much pain," you smiled, unfolding the file, ready to fill in the paperwork that needed to be completed before the case was technically finished.

"I wish your last case had a bit more pizzazz, instead it was a bit anti-climactic," she sighed.

"At was a little unexpected that he just handed himself in, I did expect a bit of a chase at least, but I'd have rather that than having to leave this case on you to sort on your own."

You and Maggie had been best friends and partners for years, working together as police officers, and spending most of your free time together. If you hadn't been working together, you would likely have started dating, working so well together but you didn't want to mix work life with personal life. Sadly, for the two of you, your work partnership was coming to an end. You had been offered an amazing job in forensics and you couldn't turn it down, so today was your last day working together. It was a sad day, but you had a good job to go to even if you would be missing Maggie.

"I can only hope that my new partner, is half the woman that you are," she smiled. "It's not going to be the same without having you here."

"I'm going to miss you Maggie," you said softly, looking up from your work. "You certainly make the workday go by a lot better, it'll be a shame to not see you every day."

"I wanted to talk to you about that," Maggie said, sitting on the edge of your desk.

You cocked an eyebrow at her, not sure what she meant. You would be working elsewhere, so working with her wasn't going to be a daily occurrence, although you hoped you would still get to see her often when she needed help on a case and came to your new department.

"I know we both said long ago that nothing could happen between us, not mixing our lives here with at home," she explained. "But we aren't going to be working together anymore."

"I guess."

"Well I've always been into you," she stated. "I wanted to know if you'd like to go out for dinner tomorrow and see if there was more than we ever allowed?"

A smile curled onto your face, finally knowing that you could follow your heart, knowing that it was something that you had been fighting your whole time working together.

"I would like that," you grinned.

"Then it's a date."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by